Leaf Springs - Hotchkis vs XHD

-

tcp710

Reaction score
I am looking to swap my sagging factory leafs in my 67 valiant. I currently only have 22" between the ground and the bottom lip of my fender well when running 225/60R14 wheels.

Just wondering what people think is a better choice for a daily driver. I can get a set of Hotchkis for almost $100 cheaper than XHD 6 leaf springs for the same published spring rate.

Any thoughts?

I don't know jack about the Hotchkis stuff. But, I did do the XHD springs once before and they were very good. Nice ride and held some power. It wasn't a lot of power, but the car did launch and travel straight while smokin the hides for 30+ feet.

The XHD's (IIRC) were approx a inch over bent spring. The ride height was a nice rake on the mello side. Not over the top at all.

I have the hotchkis and the sit alot lower then the 1" they advertise. But they still give the car a nice stance with 17" rims.

And those I have used. Same description as above.

I'm also looking at doing this so the info is helpful ,I'm thinking xhd springs with comp. engineering traction bars????? Anyone????? Steve

I installed XHD springs from Mancini's on my Scamp a couple months ago.
I'm very happy with them. They added a little height, about an inch or slightly more. I like the rake of the car now.

Called Laura at ESPO, they are even cheaper than the Hotchkis from Classic Performance.

Probably will go with the XHD from them with stock arch. Anyone have a photo of a 67-69 valiant with xhd leafs? I want to get an idea of the stance.

here is what it looks like now! :newb:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 418
FYI - I called our local spring shop, for OEM 5 leaf springs they wanted around $500 installed with all new bushings.

Todd

i have the hotchkiss springs on my 68 barracuda....I absolutely love them...I have 1 inch torsion bars, helwig 1 1/8 tubular sway bar, boxed lower control arms, QA1 shocks, 11/16 tie rod ends, 16:1 flaming river manual steering box. 17x8 inch wheels. the car handles real nice and flat around the turns.

I also have a 67 valiant and am interested in the XHD springs. Who has the best price on them?

I'm also looking at doing this so the info is helpful ,I'm thinking xhd springs with comp. engineering traction bars????? Anyone????? Steve

Traction bars dont work on Mopars because of the pinion snubber.(Waste of money)
You could do Cal Tracs instead and they work very well.

-
Back