Leanna Rocks...

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Today I got me a package from Tennessee.... Guess what was inside?

Once again, our very own Mistress of Metal did a fabulous job of turning crap into jewels. PSC did a great job on my hood latch loop, popper spring, and safety latch, along with my trunk latch loop. Awesome job! The finish is a silver cadium that is going to POP big time against the Turquoise!

Here's the Before....
House_51610013-vi.jpg

And here's the After
CarinaChristian049-vi.jpg

Look at that......
CarinaChristian048-vi.jpg

That's F`in stunning work...

It's not just hype. I have powder coater's up here on Long Island. I don't have a GOOD powder coater.

Thank you Leanna & PSC

Bwa ha ha ha, thats sweet lookin, you bet it'll pop against the cars paint.

That is GOOD...I can't even see where she hung them from on the rack.
Should hold up well to being latched/unlatched all the time too....

"THE" rack....not her rack silly....lol.....They have to hang the parts on racks with electrical current for the powder to stick...
Right Leanna?

John, I'm delighted to hear you're happy with this latest job on your Cuda. I hope it ties in well with the paint and Alien Silver on your other stuff under the hood. It's always great to work with you ... and you "treat" me well!!! :-D Thank you for the business and continued confidence.

Hey, how close was the Arizona Teal???

"THE" rack....not her rack silly....lol.....They have to hang the parts on racks with electrical current for the powder to stick...
Right Leanna?

LMAO Cooter ... My rack gets enough powder on it as it is. Now go back to your corner. :-D

Wire marks are dreadful and something I try to avoid through technique ShowAndGo. The parts are electrically grounded rather than THE rack. Otherwise, the powder would stick to the rack too, and when it melted the parts and the rack would be fused together.

Yeah... those parts look great! Gotta see her work up close. Awesome!

As far as "treating" you well.... what can I say? You deserve to be "treated" well. I have a Hurst shifter handle coming your way. Unpack it carefully. 8)

I've decided that the tall B Body shifter handle is cool looking, but I'm constantly hitting my arm on it when parking. I'm tired of the bruises so a shorter stick is going in, and it needs to be coated too. It's scratched up BAD.
Barracuda532-vi.jpg

SANY0003-vi.jpg

I tried to send you a PM last night, but your mailbox is full. Send me a quote for a 12" handle + the billet pistol grip handle done in Alien Silver. I'll send it out by the weekend.

As always, Thank You!

BTW: The Arizona Teal looks a bit dark to my eye. I'll compare it against the car tonight. If it's not a match, I'll try and send you a better example of the color.

Oooooooooooohhhh, what a sweet shifter that is! You do realize if it said "of Metal" on the other side you wouldn't be getting it back, right??? Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa

I'll drop you a PM on the details. Thanks John!

I had found a guy on e-Bay selling custom cast T & Pistol Grip handles with custom lettering as an option. Amy has been calling my car my Metal Mistress for years now. It only seemed appropiate to have Mistress cast in the side, facing her.... The handle is way neat, but hotter than Hell when the sun hits it. I can pull gears almost as fast as Ronnie Sox so I don't burn myself!

I'll send the shifter out probably tomorrow. Let me know how much.

I'd like to find that guy !!!

Me too!!! That thing is a little piece of art. If you dig up his name or ebay handle, please pass it along.

Don't worry about the scratches on your lever either ... I'll clean all that up for you so it does the car and its awesome shifter handle justice. :-D

Not only does she "ROCK" ( see my Commando VC's ) she is the epitome of good ole work ethic. Set up a business, suffer through early hard times ( and those following ), do mega quality work at a fair price, and treat all customers and potential customers with respect looking to have a "repeat friend".

I know she has one in me !

Can I ask how much for the four pieces?

Sure! First off, there's a ballpark Automotive Price List list on my website's Pricing & Shipping page after lots of introductory information that will save you money if you take the time to read through it. I quote every job individually to be fair to everyone (pics help for an accurate quote).

Generally, a complete hood latch assembly for an A Body will run about $50-$65 before your FABO discount is applied depending on how many pieces there are, how clean it is on arrival and whether one of the 6,500+ colors you want it all coated in is in stock or a special order. (Special order powders add about $30 to a job total but it's for 2 pounds of powder, enough to do quite a few parts and still have leftovers.)

John, I hope you don't mind the minor hijack. :-D These questions come up often and it's a good opportunity to save some PMs.

Thanks for the great review bargeahead! I'm glad you're happy with those valve covers ... they were in such great shape it was a plesaure to work them up.

Sooooooooo, is that handle getting done? 2 toned?

Sooooooooo, is that handle getting done? 2 toned?

Yes, it was shipped today before John tried to go on vacation. So I guess that means the Mistress is gonna be working on the Mistress again. :-D

It'll be a fun custom job to do!

Thanks again for your business John, and Rob too. Ya'll are keeping me hoppin lately!

-
Back