learn from others fu#k ups

-
Carry a fire extinguisher, and always disconnect your positive battery cable when car is parked to avoid an electrical fire.

Always put a spacer underneath Eddy carbs to avoid heat soaking it. The 7.25 and 8.75 ujoints are different sizes. It's nothing serious because you can't even put it on, but it is time consuming to have to get a different u-joint. Get one of those engine twisty things so you can tip the engine back and forth when putting an engine in (with the transmission on). I probably have more that I can't remember.

If you are doing easier stuff this is where i mess up confidence and being in a hurry can screw you. I was in a hurry and put a slant hain oil pan gasket on backwards with the nubbys out and not in. Dont get in a hurry and go my motors done yeah and slap a valve cover on before inspecting one last time. I left a bolt in there and then you feel like a jackass. Clean and go over no mater how pumped you are. Rebuild your tranny in a clean enviroment and not with garage door open so somone cutting wood can spray wood chips on it.

Block the tires no matter what you are working on.
I was putting a clutch in my challenger when I was about 18 in my parents garage.
The car had been sitting on ramps for a few days, for some reason I hear the front tires starting to squeek on the ramps, I slid my *** from out the car real fast, it came off the ramps into the back wall of the garage, if I was under it I am quite sure I would not be typing here today.

Never try to drive with a "slight fuel leak"! It just may the last time that car will ever be drivable.

Don't trust your speedometer unless you've checked it with GPS first.

One frozen wheel cylinder will make you do a 360 in a panic stop situation.

Make sure,you index the torque converter,correctly the 1st time.(lol).

Just because it says universal fit does not mean that 2 days worth of fabrication isn't necessary.

I think this is sort of a right of passage if your a small block a-body owner but have fun putting on the drivers side header.

Always look under the car before drilling a hole in the floor pan. Does anyone smell gas ?

It's a good idea to take a picture of your fire wall before you remove everything, or doing a simple brake job.. us a camera for reference :glasses7:

Verify that all freeze plugs and oil galley plugs are in before building the block up....

NEVER, NEVER, Pee into the wind...

Try it once and you will understand....

Don't open radiator caps when the radiator is hot. They should put warning stickers on those things...

Ok karls right dont do it bad ideal lol ... Really tho .. Dont do payments on a car inless you get to keep the car and the title tell its paied off

Ok karls right dont do it bad ideal lol ... Really tho .. Dont do payments on a car inless you get to keep the car and the title tell its paied off

Why is it when I see your posts I think you are a dealer of some kind :glasses7:
Ideal in safety :thumleft: and it's a good idea to squeeze your radiator hose to make sure it is not under pressure :cheers: good morning Doc, I could not help myself this morning :smile: I always enjoy your ideals :thumleft:

Why is it when I see your posts I think you are a dealer of some kind :glasses7:
Ideal in safety :thumleft: and it's a good idea to squeeze your radiator hose to make sure it is not under pressure :cheers: good morning Doc, I could not help myself this morning :smile: I always enjoy your ideals :thumleft:
LOL thanks mike:thumleft: Im not a dealer lol Im just good at dealing lol :D

-
Back