learn from others fu#k ups

-
Most older cars will start in gear , This is especially fun with a manual transmission

40 is the speed at which a non locked down convertable top will open on its own

My wife did that in my truck yesterday!

Rofl that scared the hell out of me when that happened in my geo tracker

My wife did that in my truck yesterday!

Rofl that scared the hell out of me when that happened in my geo tracker

So which was worse? Leaving the top loose on the Geo or actually owning one?

When installing an FM converter do not! again DoNot! hook it to a main power supply and shut the car off thinking it will shut off, I did this and walked out today to go in town, ruuru click click .
It set for 6 days on, and I stayed home and had a tuna fish sandwich.
learn from our mistakes :D

When installing an FM converter do not! again DoNot! hook it to a main power supply and shut the car off thinking it will shut off, I did this and walked out today to go in town, ruuru click click .
It set for 6 days on, and I stayed home and had a tuna fish sandwich.
learn from our mistakes :D

No joke!!! Lol done that too

this **** is worse than the ex deleted thread
You are kidding aren't you, things to be learned here... JMO..
Don't take for granted you still have left hand threads on your early A body.......... they could have been changed to right hand threads :glasses7:
Ever busted a lug nut becouse you said NO!! These are left handed threads .

Don't take for granted you still have left hand threads on your early A body.......... they could have been changed to right hand threads :glasses7:

Naw Mike, he was refering to a spirited discussion between two folks here. The whole page it was on got wiped clean.

Put parts in bags and label them good, then 3 to 5 years later you might be able to find them!
I'm still looking for parts by the way. Found one head light rim and have been looking for the other for about 2 days now.

LH drivers side lugnuts just might be LH thread.

dont trust your 30 year old floor jack to hold the car for "just a few minutes" to change a tire......set mine right in the damn ground. the cylinder went poof right then and there.

The one thing you can be sure of when it comes to MaMopar is that you can't be sure of anything.

If you have to change a tire, loosen the lug nuts BEFORE you jack the car off the ground! Otherwise you're gonna round off the lugnuts and leave you even more screwed than you were to begin with!

Always buy a factory manual first thing when you get a car and those sloppy wires to your wiper saudered to motor are a 3 spd and came that way factory and is not missing a part why i dont know.

when torqueing down various nuts and bolts be sure you have the right setting on your torque wrench
i helped a buddy do a tune up on his car once, we worked on it for a few hours and all that was left to do was put the spark plugs in and the wires back on by the time i had to go home
so i told my buddy "just put them in finger tight and then give it 1/4 of a turn"
but he was determined to do it right and use the torque wrench
i said fine, ill just leave the torque wrench here, gimme a call if you got any other questions and i took off
sure enough, 10 minutes later my phone rang, if i could help him pull a sparkplug out, it snapped off and he couldnt get at it.
so i turned back around and when i got there i was surprised to see he had snapped the spark plug right in half, the part with the hex head was still in the socket but the threads were still in the head

after a quick examination of the manuel and the torque wrench it turns out the book mentioned inch pounds but he had the torque wrench set for foot pounds

always hookup the kickdown.........lol

This is good info.... :glasses7:

you missed the fireworks Mike, i dont know how my post survived LOL

Naw Mike, he was refering to a spirited discussion between two folks here. The whole page it was on got wiped clean.

Yes, I just did not want this thread mucked up ... :glasses7:

Those discussions, for lack of better term, are why we have the "private message" feature and yup I wiped er as I always do when a thread goes in the crapper.:pottytra::-D

Try to imagine all the ways a part can be re-assembled wrong, then take photos from all angles to show "correct". When you get back to it months or years later, your scribblings won't make any sense, but photos should. I am still wondering if I swapped my 10" drum spindles L & R.

Don't let tire monkeys touch your wheels if your car has LH threads. Bring the wheels in. Don't listen to the service manager's assurances that they know.

Don't imagine you will soon be driving your newly purchased car that just needs a few things fixed. One things leads to another. Can't install new carpet until you fix the rusted floors you found, and while doing that should do this first ... Think years.

Those discussions, for lack of better term, are why we have the "private message" feature and yup I wiped er as I always do when a thread goes in the crapper.:pottytra::-D

Kinda makes you that Roto-Rooter dude.

-
Back