learn from others fu#k ups

-
if that voice in the back of your head is telling not to sell your 340' cars, do what the f**k it says

Darryl Long time no see how are you . Pm me if ya need to
Hey Asa I am doing better.
For boosting cars place the negative on last to a ground point away from the battery,this keeps the sparks away from the battery.
Darryl

When you have your eyes on the part to see what the carburator cleaner is doing, make sure the can nozzle is pointing at the part, not your eyeball. I missed that once and it really, let me tell you, really sucked!

When you have your eyes on the part to see what the carburator cleaner is doing, make sure the can nozzle is pointing at the part, not your eyeball. I missed that once and it really, let me tell you, really sucked!

Ow! Yup, that burns like hell

Always make sure that the old oil filter gasket comes off with the old oil filter

2 gaskets will not hold much pressure for very long.

what a mess :)

Hey Asa I am doing better.
For boosting cars place the negative on last to a ground point away from the battery,this keeps the sparks away from the battery.
Darryl
Good to hear bud just checken on ya

Done that . A few times hurts like all get out

When your over 40 and working under the dash...remove the seat....your body will thank you later.
And when installing after market mechanical oil pressure gauge, do yourself a huge favour and toss the plastic crap they give you and get the copper line....that way you won't be wondering why you right leg is feeling warmer than your left...
AL

When your over 40 and working under the dash...remove the seat....your body will thank you later.
And when installing after market mechanical oil pressure gauge, do yourself a huge favour and toss the plastic crap they give you and get the copper line....that way you won't be wondering why you right leg is feeling warmer than your left...
AL
toss the plastic...... Yes do so ! Or is can give you a hart atack Going down the high way at 65 when it moves just enough to kink it and read 0

I had all the LH lugs swapped to RH lugs ~just in case~.....

Also, make sure the starter wires aren't touching the exhaust pipe. I discovered what the fusible link's purpose was. Smoke?? SMOKE?? SMMOOOOKKE??? FIRE!! ack! Thank God I have a quick disconnect battery terminal!

Also make sure that you properly engage the torque converter's lugs with the trans' oil pump drive dogs. Had mine move forward just enough during the engine/trans bolt-up and it promptly wiped out the oil pump drive on the trans. sigh......

Don't leave a crankshaft standing in your walking path in the garage.

Don't be in a hurry to quickly grab something out of the garage because the game is about to start.

Don't use your foot to catch a crankshaft that you just knocked over.

Don't forget to keep the fridge fully stocked with beer for when you limp back into the house after catching a crankshaft with your foot.

Speaking of crankshafts, even if you're a strong young buck like I was at the time, do NOT climb in the back of a pickup, grab a crankshaft, and jump off the tailgate whole still holding it!!! Your back will NOT be happy with you! ;)

Don't say you'll just be real careful to not get any on your hands when applying rust converter or por-15, because you'll have a reminder for about 2 weeks of how bad of an idea that is when you have to explain to people what's all over your hands.

When pulling the distributor out of the intake manifold on a small block, never leave
the hold-down bolt on the fire-wall/cowl area,

Or the bolt may fall directly into the distributor opening (Twice no less)

When pulling the distributor out of the intake manifold on a small block, never leave
the hold-down bolt on the fire-wall/cowl area,

Or the bolt may fall directly into the distributor opening (Twice no less)

Oh, I'd be pissed with myself

Never trust the tire shop with your tire rotation after you tell the guy at the counter about the left and right hand threads. I even taped a note on the fender indicating the left hand threads.
They cross threaded the stud's on the front and it took them an extra thirty minutes before they were able to fix it.
dodgedartCassiniranch005-1.jpg

Use carb cleaner lightly. Was doing a tune up/diagnosis/smog test on a 2.8 S10 years ago.Did a minor tune up,sprayed the base of the TBI,with carb cleaner.Got pulled,to another tune up.Doing the 2500 pre warmup for testing,the intake went aflame.Shop foreman,laughed and blew it out.

whatever you do, never use windshield washer fluid to put out a carb fire, even if its the last thing in the trunk....

-
Back