Learned something, didn't cost me a dime!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yesterday I turn this corner, and here to my left, blocking the stop sign and intersection for other people, is a car in the street at the stop sign, with a cop at the window.

BUT IT IS WHAT the cop was driving that was 'intrestin'

The COP was drivin some little scrunched up Hondoied 'er somethin' didn't have so much as special plates, but it sure as 'ell had them little strobie thingies 'a flashin' 'roun' fro inside 'de car!!!

Now up to now you can usually spot the unmarked cars 'roun here.

You know..........cop engine, cop tires, cop hubcaps, the whole spiel.

Yeah, get a picture and complain to the PD.
Should be driving American made iron instead of buying foreign cars. It could also be an imposter.

Cops give traffic tickets from Cushmans in New York City. I know, I got one !! Actually he wrote my front seat passenger up for not having a seat belt on in the city during Rush Hour Traffic ??? LOL Cost her $75 too !! LOL

When I was growin' up in our small town, the job I had before I left for the Navy was graveyard "radio operator" for our small town PD. On Fri/ Sat nights in the summer, if the PD expected a lot of activity, they'd put on a couple extra guys

We had ONE patrol car, "Car 10"

They'd borrow the Fire Chief's car, which had a red beacon and radio

And on "really" LOL busy weekends, sometimes one of the guys would patrol AT NIGHT in the Cushman "meter wagon." It actually had a flashing beacon and radio. Just before I went to work there, someone had tipped the thing over. These dangers to society -- and the driver -- had canvas side curtains for "inclement weather." I don't believe they had any form of heater or defroster, however.

around here there are dodge calibers cruising around but they are usually community events type vehicles or public relation type vehicles. No radar so you can still fly by them at 100 mph with not too much fear.

round here they use a steady stream of pickups , SUV's and Chargers , the greedy bastards even put wire wheels on the unmarked Chargers , like what happened to cop wheels ? they called em cop wheels for a reason right , the only wheels the no-driving melon farmers couldn't bend every shift out eh! of course thats the real tip off around here , you see a new or 2 year old vehicle all banged up you know it's a cop because anybody else would have full coverage to carry the financing and would get the damage repaired .

They are getting more and more sneaky everywhere. Around here they are using all sorts of unconventional vehicles, Late model Toyota Tundras, F150s, Chevy Colorados, Cadilac Escalades, Subaru Legacys of all things, you name it. And they all are nice models with chrome, civilian plates. The only comonality they seem to have is real dark tint and one small extra black antenna on the roof.

They are getting more and more sneaky everywhere. Around here they are using all sorts of unconventional vehicles, Late model Toyota Tundras, F150s, Chevy Colorados, Cadilac Escalades, Subaru Legacys of all things, you name it. And they all are nice models with chrome, civilian plates. The only comonality they seem to have is real dark tint and one small extra black antenna on the roof.

They drive stuff like that here too, as well as Can Am Spyders.

They drive stuff like that here too, as well as Can Am Spyders.

I had to Google that. Turns out they aren't safe from the Donkers, either............

IMG_20130525_155728_zpsf9a28ab5.jpg

A few decades ago most municipalities passed laws allowing law enforcement to use confiscated vehicles.

Unfortunately for them, if they "blow the cover" by using one to do a routine traffic stop, then everyone who passes knows the PD has a lime green sedan deville on 20's.

A town near us used to have a beat up rusted out Dodge Omni with a radar gun on the side. He caught a lot of speeders.

we have all chargers in my town, some that are a bit older and a number that are 2012 up. there is also a tahoe and a couple rams. we have a ton of cops though.

Yeah, get a picture and complain to the PD.
Should be driving American made iron instead of buying foreign cars. It could also be an imposter.

So does this mean they should hold a police auction for the Calibers and Chargers that were made in Mexico?

They haven't been driving entirely American cars since they began phasing out the Crown Victoria, which was produced for the sole purpose of being used as a commercial vehicle, for the last years of it's production. In fact, it wasn't sold to the public, at the very end of it's production years.

I can't seem to find a photo.............Nevada used to have a dummy 59? Ford patrol car along the side of a highway.

So does this mean they should hold a police auction for the Calibers and Chargers that were made in Mexico?

They haven't been driving entirely American cars since they began phasing out the Crown Victoria, which was produced for the sole purpose of being used as a commercial vehicle, for the last years of it's production. In fact, it wasn't sold to the public, at the very end of it's production years.

No, America is a big place and includes Mexico and Canada. Did I say U.S. Made?

Main reason for the post was it could be a criminal impersonation.

One of the unmarked cars in Daytona Beach was a modded out Mercury Grand Marquis Marauder.... had the full upgraded performance package on it, with the rear window summit racing/banks stickers to match. Jet black, full tinted windows... I saw that car take down quite a few of the ricers in town lol...

I can't seem to find a photo.............Nevada used to have a dummy 59? Ford patrol car along the side of a highway.

North Carolina parks Cruisers along I85 all the time. There is no one in them, but if you come up on one at night running a little hot, it gives you a quick chill.

I live out in the country and one night this winter I stopped for a car on the side of the road. Turned out it was a cop in a Honda. Saw his uniform and computer as I slowed to as if he was ok. Not sure what he was up to but it was 10 below and dark on a back country highway.

-
Back