Lee #1 sold for $$

-
Lee 1 was rescued and professionally, passionately restored to pre-jump condition over a 16 month period.

Based on the engine bay pictures the passionate, professional restoration didn't care much about doing any engine bay detailing. Blue manifold on an orange block? Rusty bolts in engine compartment. I'll pass on this one.

professionally, passionately restored to pre-jump condition

translation

slapped back together and run through the auction

Well they did say in the video at (1:05) that the car was destroyed beyond repair, but it looks like i stand corrected!:finga:

The General Lee looks goofy next to a stock 69 Charger. Better that the Duke boys had chosen a different ride like a Mustang to bash around with; we'd have more 69 Chargers today.

Or better yet ...

Attachments

• General Lee 2.bmp
    28.7 KB · Views: 150
Well, it sold for 121K. Considering that one of the other one sold for 450K I think someone was looking for more. The detailing in the engine bay may have been the deal breaker.

Its a better purchase then a $200k 440 Superbird. At least its a piece of history, regardless how much damage needed replacing. I'm not really a fan of Lee clones, but I'd be happy to own this car.
But I still hate the Barrett Jackson Auction, bunch of rich clowns with more money then brains. Pushing the price of everything up and out of reach for us working men. Up here in Canada anyone with a rusted out 75 swinger thinks its a $5000 car.

At least Pebble Beach while the same way, isn't as talked about. They sell for even more over there.

From the first day I saw the show I didn't care for the paint scheme. the wheels or the push bumper. The whole idea of it squealing the tires on the dirt. or jumping out the windows when it had door handles.

Real moon shine runners never painted their cars orange and put giant numbers on them and a flag non the less. I think this show was a joke on us mopar guys and we fell for it. Anyone who likes mopars for what they were would never want a General Lee. At least not me. Give me the Bullit 68 or the Crazy Harry Dirty Mary 69. Even the Fast and furious 70 was better even though it burned the tires and poped a wheelie like a spring horse. But The General Lee just down right sucked . I vote Bullit for the nicest charger on the set. just over the 68 on Christine .

Someone put these four chargers in a poll and lets take a vote on which one you would rather own for its appearance and performance on the set.

This what the Duke boys should have been driving (hope the #$?** picture works this time)

Attachments

• GeneralLee-fiat-500 1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 92
I like the Bullit and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry cars MUCH better than the duke stuff...

Bubba Watson buys the Dukes of Hazzard car

Watson was at the famed Barrett-Jackson automobile auction this past weekend, and picked up that gem there, which he called his "dream car," for $110,000. Now, there were plenty of General Lees, but the one there was special; called "Lee 1," it's the one that jumped the police car in the TV series' opening credits. It was totaled in the jump, but restoration brought it back to life over the course of 16 months. Autoblog calls the final price "seemingly paltry," which is really more a matter of perspective than anything else

i am pretty sure car #1 was painted blue, and found in a junk yard. the only reason it wasnt crushed was the trunk was filled full of concrete ( so when they jumped it it wouldnt land on its nose ) the fact the someone hacked it back together, and ran it threw some overpriced auction is redickulous.......if the car was so special they should have left it alone!!!!

This what the Duke boys should have been driving (hope the #$?** picture works this time)

Ironically, when Fiat finishes buying off the UAW stake in Chryco...that photo will be more true than anybody wants to believe. Call me a dick or whatever, but Chrysler will be a foriegn car company.

I saw the blue one years ago. Had an etching on the glass, painted dash. blue paint was flaking off, the redish orange paint underneith. had a cracked white vinyl top. Looked like the flag under it. He was driving the blue one in the summers around here. I thought it was neat. If it was part of the pole though, i would have voted for the vanishing point challenger.

-
Back