Left thread studs

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
After researching the left thread studs and lug nuts issue, I can only imagine this is a sore subject for many of you. I wonder how many of us made the switch to RH thread and how many made the switch reluctantly. You can count me in as one of those that cannot convert, and I am not even one of those 100% stock resto guys. I just like the uniqueness of the whole idea.

Anyway, we busted a LH stud last week, and I thought I had saved a few studs from one of my long since departed vehicles. And I did. Unfortunately, they are the wrong size--they are too big.

Now I have five studs that I cannot use, and I need one that is smaller. So here is my question: anyone have a smaller left thread stud that they would want to trade for a couple of larger ones?

And here is some humor: anyone know where I can buy one?

I'm in the other camp. I think LH wheel studs are as stupid as unsliced bread. There have been "a number" of vehicles, including heavy trucks, that use LH wheel fasteners, but there are also "a number" that DON'T

The thing is, you don't see a big pile of "one or the other" on the side of the road because the wheels came loose!!!!!

And you sure as hell invite trouble from the tire store monkeys

hello there I have a whole left hand drum and I would be happy to make a deal with u for all five so u can have spare for the road ur gonna needem u wont find many, im on the side that had to switch I didn't want to I loved the uniqueness and the pride of telling the tire guys oh don't forget the left side is lh they thought I was crazy but they do it and are amazed. I had a set of wheels and had to have mag lugnuts and couldnt find any so rh I went its really easy u just get a rh drum and put it on the left side.

how many you need. im looking to switch mine anyways. and will have 4 or 5 for you. they are off a 67 valaint 9in drum fronts.

I forgot about the difference in front an back. But they are 10 inch drums in the rear if anyone wants to part with them. Trade or cash!

I have ran in to different studs on the rear drums depending on if it was out of a 7 1/4, 8 3/4 and an oddball one that was in a 8 3/4 sure grip (maybe that one wasn't original). If you have a dial caliper and would post your measurements then hopefully you could get what you need the first time.

I have had one of those dial calipers in my hands at Horrible Freight and just could not think of a reason to have one. Looks like the reason would have been to save me a trip back to get one. :)

-
Back