lets see those "later" Darts 73-76

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
lets see those under appreciated darts from 73-76. the later darts deserve more credit than what they get ....they are in fact refined darts ...they had a lot of equipment standard that is the envy of older darts. it was Chrysler engineering refinement.

I for one don't understand why so many owners of the darts of this era change to earlier front ends when there is nothing with how ma mopar made them.

I always wanted a 75 dart but the latest model I have ever been able to find is a 72.

lets see those 73-76 darts ....four doors, 2 doors, dart sports ....if its a dodge A-body 73-76 then show them proudly :glasses7:

this internet pic is exactly what I have in mind to find

Attachments

• 1975 Dodge Dart Swinger Hardtop_ - 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 384
plus they are getting to be a non-common sight compared to the earlier darts ....I have a 68 and it seems every car show has a 68 dart ....when is the last time you saw a really clean, well represented 73-6 at a show?

probably not as often as the earlier ones.

I gather that some car shows limit the year of cars to be shown to be 1974 and earlier...which is nutz because the dart / duster line went to '76.

Ian.

they had a lot of equipment standard that is the envy of older darts. it was Chrysler engineering refinement.

Come on now, aside from maybe disc. brakes I have all the "Standard Equipment" on my 69 340 Swinger, 4-spd., bench seat car that I could ever want! LOL Zoom Zoom Zoom it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, some day maybe when I dig it ouyt of the garage.

The newer Darts are nice though, don't get me wrong here, please!

....when is the last time you saw a really clean, well represented 73-6 at a show?

probably not as often as the earlier ones.

(Good Guys show in March '13)

I was out at Spring Fling this year and I was one of only three 73-6 out there. The other two were 73s so the nice thing is when I go out to the shows I'm usually the only 74 out there.

Hot Rod Magazine did put the three of us in their photo shoot of Spring Fling so I guess there is still hope for the 73-6......

http://blogs.hotrod.com/mopar-muscl...-challenger-dodge-plymouth-164/#axzz2YOYloyxt

I was out at the Mopar show last month in Sacramento CA and I was the only 74 dart out there but that's OK a lot of people were happy to see the car and talk to me about it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=239844

:d

Attachments

• Picture 098.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 099.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 336
her is mine

Attachments

• 20130704_120329.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 301
My 2nd dart under construction

Attachments

• 20130704_120710.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 319
my sons 73 Dart Sport. its a work in progress.

Attachments

• DSC04751 (Copy).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 297
Last a-body I owned before buying my first 4x4 was a 75 Duster. Sorry no pictures as it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.....

If given the chance I would own another one...

Here is my 1974 360 dart swinger

Attachments

• 003%20(Copy).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 255
  • vacation 006.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 284
  • vacation 017.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 301
Wow, good to see some love.

xxxdart.jpg

Wow, good to see some love.

of course ...I am the original Dart Lady ....I like all Darts.

really though....I am not joking that I always wanted a 75 but the "later" darts just don't exist in my area ....mostly late 60s around here, that's why most of my stuff is late 60s bcoz that's all you find in Southern Colorado for some odd reason

View attachment image.jpg

Here's a '75 Scamp I had. Sold it in January :(

I needed the money at the time but I really miss having an old car! :banghead:
It wasn't daily driver worthy yet but it was a blast to just take it for a spin every once in a while....

Good idea here Rani, I also enjoy 73+ darts/scamps!

Good idea here Rani, I also enjoy 73+ darts/scamps!

well scamps are in a different class .....but the dart is historical for Chrysler ...one of the longer running names and now its back ....that has to mean something.

it was the kind of car America wanted and needed through the 60s and 70s

Dart by Dodge

Oh Rani, I didn't show you the back of my sons 73 Dart Sport. It has the fold down rear seat. I found a surf board here in Ky. no less about 3 miles from the house a guy was selling for $100.00. What better way to have a conversation piece at a car show.

Attachments

• DSC04567 (Copy).jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC04568 (Copy).jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 229
Oh Rani, I didn't show you the back of my sons 73 Dart Sport. It has the fold down rear seat. I found a surf board here in Ky. no less about 3 miles from the house a guy was selling for $100.00. What better way to have a conversation piece at a car show.

I remember that when you were looking for a surfboard and that was soooo awesome you found one close by instead of shipping one in from California or something expensive .......I wonder how lucky I would get if I looked for a surfboard in southern Colorado, here in the middle of the prairie Desert surrounded by mountains LOL

As a long time loyal owner of a '73, I'm going to just say it... the earlier ones are prettier. Don't get me wrong, the later cars are good looking... but in each way that they look different, the older style is more classic.

The big bumpers are pretty terrible. :p

The car was out of the garage yesterday for a final engine bay clean-up before the Magnum goes in...
:blob:

Attachments

• Dart-7-7-13.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Dart-Burnside-small.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 244
well I agree with you. I like the style of the 67-69 Darts better. I had a 69 Dart Swinger when I just returned from Vietnam and I loved it. I then moved into a 70 Superbee and kept that for awhile and got married. I traded the Bee for the 73 Dart Sport and I liked it too. It was cherry. I even had a cop stop me one Sunday morning when I was going through the gears in a little town on my way to the store. He told me that if I showed him what was under the hood, he would let me go with a warning..They don't do that chit now days. But I would rather had the 69 Swinger. Its funny that both Mopars I have now means something because of the years they are. The 76 Duster is the same year my first son was born. The 73 Dart sport was the year I was supposed to graduate. I actually graduated in 72 though.

Try it Rani, it couldn't be any more unlikely to find one in Colorado than from someone trying to surf the coast of Dry Ridge, Ky like one member said back when I was looking for one. You may find someone who has just moved out of ca. and need to sell it.

-
Back