Lets see your 273 engines hipo and any

-
Mine...

20150625 062 (Small).jpg

20150625 063 (Small).jpg

(Edit- 2/02/18) Thanks for all the likes, guys! These pics was taken before I had the engine bay restored.

Last edited:
Old grind. Mopar Performance solid unit. .490”/276 deg.
Pretty radical sound. Smooths out with a little rpm though. 4 speed or auto? If auto what converter and gear. Good street manners? I'm sure we talked about this before. LOL

Pretty radical sound. Smooths out with a little rpm though. 4 speed or auto? If auto what converter and gear. Good street manners? I'm sure we talked about this before. LOL

4 speed, diaphram clutch and 4.10 rear.
Nasty street manners.lol
Will smoke tires if you punch her at 60 mph in 4th

Wow, there is a lot of great motors (and cars)

Here is my 273 in my 66 - from when I got it to how it sits today. There was several changes in-between

DSC03166.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG

The big 2 over shadowed with options the 273 and in general Chrysler. There was really only 2 options that could be ordered for the 273 - 2bbl and 4bbl (the D engine - far as I've read was not a option and was only available for a single year). Ford's 289 had 5 options that could be ordered - and add in a special 302 hp shelby would make 6. And GM's 283 had numerous options - dual quads to fuel injection and everything in-between. By contrast Ford's 302 did not have as many options (I know the Boss version is highly regarded but rare) and is considered a work engine with most being 2bbl.

Do these count??
They're for one of the ultra rare Golden Commandos named GoldFish. It was the only one in the group with an HP273.
20180131_130941.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that PSC is now proudly one of its formal sponsors! Say hi to owner Bruce @GoldieFisher and look for my decal above the rear window lower trim if you see it at a show.

Last edited:
How many sets have you done? 20? 30?

Oh noooo, probably at least twice that by now. I've lost a couple hard drives along the way so it'd take a manual invoice search for an accurate number. What I do know is that they tend to show up in groups for some reason, and not only after someone shows them off. Right now I have two more sets in line awaiting attention, shipped out those up there ^^^ on Friday and have another finished set ready to go out next week to Maryland that had the worst slag I've ever seen on Commandos.

Brian Brinegar Commandos During 2.jpg
Brian Brinegar Commandos (4).jpg

It's not uncommon for the harness tabs to be severely bent (or broken), bolt holes to be enlarged or cracked from overtightening, fins bent, dinged, discolored and nasty, or to have a lot of dings and dents in the tins. Each is its own unique challenge, but they always seem to exceed even my own expectations.

Oh noooo, probably at least twice that by now. I've lost a couple hard drives along the way so it'd take a manual invoice search for an accurate number. What I do know is that they tend to show up in groups for some reason, and not only after someone shows them off. Right now I have two more sets in line awaiting attention, shipped out those up there ^^^ on Friday and have another finished set ready to go out next week to Maryland that had the worst slag I've ever seen on Commandos.

View attachment 1715138705 View attachment 1715138706

It's not uncommon for the harness tabs to be severely bent (or broken), bolt holes to be enlarged or cracked from overtightening, fins bent, dinged, discolored and nasty, or to have a lot of dings and dents in the tins. Each is its own unique challenge, but they always seem to exceed even my own expectations.
@Ddaddy has the set you made for me, the Hemi Orange fins. Other wise I would post a pic of them. Great work on them....

-
Back