Lets see your 73 Darts

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1973, very unique year for Chrysler Corp.

Major re-design year for most models and so many new features made standard. BBP disc brakes now standard on V8 cars and slant six cars ordered with power brakes.

New front end lovingly known as the "beak" front end, yet still on the rear bumper (on swinger) and general shape of the previous year.

Electronic ignition now a common sight as well as increased emphasis on safety equipment.
Vent windows now "disappeared" (on swinger) and new interior trim (plastic door tops).

It was the start of a new era. Lets see them!

Last edited:
This is my Son's 73 4 door. 318, 727, 7 1/4, Front disc, Air, Black and white checkered cloth interior and rear defroster, 15 in aluminum snowflake rims, Super Stock rear springs. Bought with 30K on the odometer. The 318 has 360 dual exhaust, 273 intake and Carb, small hydraulic Purple cam and true roller timing set.
73 Dart.JPG
ArnoldBack.jpg
ArnoldDrv.jpg
ArnoldPass.jpg

Post it up anyway!
I have ZERO problems with the beakers.....:thumbsup:

Jeff

Then I introduce you to a teaser of the one of one 1973 Dodge Dart Predator.
Mild built 9:1 5.9 Magnum roller block with Hughes valve train and Oregon custom cam.
Fully auto shifting A500 (42RH) 5 speed overdrive and freeway gears.
2.5 dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's and an X
Subframe connected, LED lit white face gauges, as well as interior and exterior lighting (not the headlights)
MAD bypass charging system
Relay kitted headlights, oversized cooling with recovery system.
Fully automatic electric thermostatic controlled cooling
Wireless touchscreen music/internet with GPS voice navigation over car stereo system.
15-70's with 4.5 bolt pattern power disc brakes, and power steering.
Line lock/roll control
1.03 Torsion bars
13 gallon tank with a switched 5 gallon reserve going in before long.

This thing could stalk a car through hell and back, chase it out in the middle of the desert, run it out of gas and go in for the kill with that beak all while getting almost 30 mpg and over 500 miles on a fillup. :D

That's why I named it a "Dodge Dart Predator". :D

predator.jpg

ShifterArt.jpg

dash.jpg

DSCF0007.JPG

caps5.jpg

MagnumswapLA.jpg

A500OD.jpg

Last edited:
Then I introduce you to a teaser of the one of one 1973 Dodge Dart Predator.
Mild built 9:1 5.9 Magnum roller block with Hughes valve train and Oregon custom cam.
Fully auto shifting A500 (42RH) 5 speed overdrive and freeway gears.
2.5 dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's and an X
Subframe connected, LED lit white face gauges, as well as interior and exterior lighting (not the headlights)
MAD bypass charging system
Relay kitted headlights, oversized cooling with recovery system.
Fully automatic electric thermostatic controlled cooling
Wireless touchscreen music/internet with GPS voice navigation over car stereo system.
15-70's with 4.5 bolt pattern power disc brakes, and power steering.
Line lock/roll control
1.03 Torsion bars
13 gallon tank with a switched 5 gallon reserve going in before long.

This thing could stalk a car through hell and back, chase it out in the middle of the desert, run it out of gas and go in for the kill with that beak all while getting almost 30 mpg. :D

That's why I named it a "Dodge Dart Predator". :D

View attachment 1714943550

View attachment 1714943551

View attachment 1714943552

View attachment 1714943553

View attachment 1714943554

View attachment 1714943555

View attachment 1714943556

That's an awesome ride! Love the dash!

This one might be the biggest work in progress ....looooong ways to go but it's a 73 and it's a dart....at least I can that much :usflag:

CIMG0055.JPG

CIMG0057 - Copy.JPG

they should have saved those for a dart sport body because someone bent the wheel lips up and ruined what might have been some good 1/4s and outer wheel housings :realcrazy::BangHead:

My car looked almost like that the day I got it. :D

There's a white 73 Swinger running around town also, but I don't think he is a member here (yet) :D

-
Back