light group wiring harness

-

Pentarockstar

Reaction score
I have a 69 Dart 340 swinger. I am looking to add the interior light group to my car. I have all the lights, glove box, ash tray, map, and ignition light.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, it appears to have a harness that connects all these lights together. Is this true? If so, how can i find one?

Thanks!
Michael

Ignition light also needs the timer to turn it off and may need a special housing with the hole for the light to show through.
I know that circuit has been discussed here, although not certain if it was '69.

Best bet may be to find someone parting a '69 A-body with that option.
Second bet is to ask if M&H will make it.
Part number may be in the part book, more likely in the assembly drawings.

You could make your own? I made my own dash harness. I have a lot of leftover wire/connectors from making my harness. Pm if interested

It looks like the part number is 2926015 for E and B body. It might be the same for A bodies.

As far as building my own, I have done this, but I had a wiring harness to copy from. Knowing the length of the wire and the right connectors would be too much for my small brain.

I will contact M&H to see what they can do.

Where can I find assembly drawings? I would like to know where it plugs into the regular harness.

Kindof rushing this but if I'm reading this correct.
This is snap shot of the drawing page.
1685584173310.png

E Series = 1969
L = Dart

I *think* the harness you want is the top one, which includes a map lamp.
The number in the box is 16
But maybe also the lower one which is Lamp On buzzer wiring.
The number in that box is 19

Several pags earlier on C 2.0 is the key.
Box 16 => 2926 770 Assy-Accessory Lamp Wiring - Dart - All
Box 19 =>2926 822 Assy - Lamp on Reminder buzzer wiring - Dart

The boxes with letters them aer keyed on the page.
For example G is the map lamp. Note it has two possible locations depending on whether there is air conditioning.

Circled letters are wire colors.

It is possible to manually clean up the drawings if needed for clarity.
Takes some time to get a good photo or scan and then with somehting like IRFAN draw or more powerful prgram delete and erase extraneous markings and items that don't apply. Type in part numbers or whatever is needed for your own purposes.

1685585297509.png

Thanks for the drawings Mattax, they have been very helpful in find where the wiring looms are at. It looks like the light group harness is powered off the cigar lighter.

That is super cool. I am an electrician and teach electronics, so this kind of thing really rings my bell. Thank you for taking the time to find it for me. We need more folks like yourself.

That last diagram is right out of the pdferized '69 Dodge Shop manual from mymopar.com
I compared that with the instrument panel diagram on pages 104-5 which shows X1 going to the cigar lighter

You might like the Faxon book of assembly drawings in spite of its reduced size and horrible watermark.

-
Back