link to best free anti virus protection

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
I know its been talked about before but I got a new lap top for my Christmas gift and the free virus protection is about to run out.. I would like to keep it safe and running great.. If I have to I will buy the protection but have read many treads about the best is free.. so lets hear or see the link...new lap top is a toshiba c855d-s5320 pretty good so far.. I just have to learn to use it like my desk top..thanks :D:D:D:D

Comodo now. I've been with Norton for many years but twice now I picked up a virus and both times they "knew" how to remove it - for an additional fee. Jury is out on Comodo so far.

hey guys I have windows 8 I see most say 7 will this still work for me????

yea it said they don't have a windows 8 version yet...:banghead:

AVG and Malwarebytes together. Never any problems.
I'm very diligent about updating and scanning too.

How do you like windows 8?

so far it has been ok.. I don't get to use it as much cause I been working a lot.. but plan to get quicken books for it to help me keep track of my small business stuff..

Avast free edition for protection, Malwarebytes free edition for scrubbing your hard drive for infected files to run once a month or more if you wish.

Avast screwed up our internet twice when I had it installed, so I took it off.

Windows 7, Opera 11.___ . It blocked us from using the internet until I figured out what was causing it. It was a specific part of avast that I couldn't disable without disabling the whole point of the program. Since I didn't feel like configuring a custom rule (which I don't think was even possible), I uninstalled it and just ran with Norton until our 1 year thing came up and it expired. On your guys advice, I installed Comodo and Malwarebytes today.

-
Back