Long awaited dyno numbers are in

-
I’ve been patiently waiting to see the dyno numbers on my buddy’s engine that I did a set of heads for over the winter. This is the engine going in his Duster that my son has driven the last couple years. I really struggled to get these heads right with a 2.08 valve. Honestly I wouldn’t have gone over a 2.055 if I had know he was going to limit me to a .030 over 4.030 chamber size. (4.060). Even after all the extra hours I put into them he ended up with 2.055 flow numbers. This set of heads was ported by a friend years ago with a 2.02 valve. With the same block, a hair smaller cam, ported M1 (I think) and flat tops it made 555 horsepower. With the new cam, dome pistons, the Edelbrock heads I ported, and my ported Super Victor that he borrowed it now made 638 horsepower. He shifts under 6500 so I doubt they pulled it very high. Sorry I don’t have more info. Here’s the before and after flow numbers from his heads. Honestly up to .550 lift they weren’t bad heads but as you can see I did make improvements. I can’t give you cam specs as it is a custom and not mine but the lift is a hair higher than my .660 and duration @ .050 would be more if it was mine.

View attachment 1716275164
That's really good power for a conventional head with no offset intake rocker arms. Congrats to the both of you.

Well it’s finally running. They lost power in the Cleveland Ohio area on Tuesday and he just got it back on at 6:30 today (Sunday). He sent me video but of course it sounds like dog crap from a cell phone. He probably would have be st Norwalk racing but he had some welding to do and only a 2000 watt Honda generator for power. I asked him if it sounded good and this was his reply.

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4034.png

IMG_4035.png

Well they finally made it to the track (Norwalk) on a day I’m surprised they opened the track. Weather is pretty bad so I guess I shouldn’t be disappointed, but I am. Car I’m guessing is around 3200 at the line, the same as Matt’s Duster. Transbrake rpm is set at 3600 and it’s supposed to be a 6100 stall converter they have used with several combos. I don’t like the shift rpm (6400) as I fear it’s dropping below converter stall during the powerglide shift. He said it’s pulling like a freight-train but sluggish 60 foots times but weather can do that. Here’s his first two passed tonight. 1st pass is the faster of the two. Weather stats too. Lights were great for first hits of the year.

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4099.png

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4100.png

Well they finally made it to the track (Norwalk) on a day I’m surprised they opened the track. Weather is pretty bad so I guess I shouldn’t be disappointed, but I am. Car I’m guessing is around 3200 at the line, the same as Matt’s Duster. Transbrake rpm is set at 3600 and it’s supposed to be a 6100 stall converter they have used with several combos. I don’t like the shift rpm (6400) as I fear it’s dropping below converter stall during the powerglide shift. He said it’s pulling like a freight-train but sluggish 60 foots times but weather can do that. Here’s his first two passed tonight. 1st pass is the faster of the two. Weather stats too. Lights were great for first hits of the year.

View attachment 1716290346

View attachment 1716290347

View attachment 1716290348

View attachment 1716290349
What did it run with the old setup? I tried scrolling through to see if you had it posted, apologies if I missed it! Guessing 6.6-.7’s?

Last edited:
Well this is what happens when you run your first race of the year. Personally I would have dialed it a 6.44.

IMG_4114.jpeg

-
Back