Long Distance Relationship Help

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plymouth 340

Triple Digit Ride
Reaction score
Im very close friends with this girl and we really connect, well. And we both like each other as more than friends and that very so with her toward me :) . And i would like to take our relationship to the next level, but she lives about 800 miles away. And does any one if i do decide to date her have any tips on how to make our realtionship work? I will go to visit her if we date or not.

Doesnt work very well, Sorry. Did it for 5 years. As soon as we live near each other it was pretty much over.

Long distance relationships rarely, if EVER last or get off the ground for that matter. Tried it a couple of times and gave it up. And mine were no where near 800 miles apart! 50 miles apart is just about my limit and today with gas prices...who could afford to drive long distances just to turn around and drive back. I'm thinking you don't own a private jet either.

Dont know, you would have to ask her LOL . we were only a 2hr drive away from each other so we could spend every weekend together if we wanted. It little easier then 800 miles But it was fun file it lasted and I cant say I would give up those memories if I could do it over again. Good luck

Its like people change and when you see them again its not quite the same--for me I had a great time, lol but I could tell she wasn't in to it much.

I don't think its the distance vs how often you see them. Now you are chatting with each other, heck if she lives in a place where you can have a holiday for a few days, beach--nicer weather then you have or something to freaken do if it doesn't go as plan, I would talk about coming in to town for a couple of days and if she like to meet up for lunch--whatever. Take it from there.

Just have a back up plan, just in case. Some clubs to checkout, or whatever you enjoy. Museums, tour the state capital if its on the drive over.

With the internet its easier then ever to plan a trip and not waste lots of time.

I notice you are in Vermont, don't rule out checkout Montreal this summer, I've heard some excellent reviews of their clubs and French gals. I know Toronto can be a blast, never gone to Mont, maybe someday, yet London is much closer for me

I like to add, I find it better now to go check it out and see what happens, not just wounder. Heck YOU might even find you don't fancier her as much as you thought--doubtful but never can say, lol

800 miles is far--wow. Thats almost too far to drive.

Do you got credit cards, are over 25, good drivers record ? If so fly in and rent a car, just again have other plans in mind so its not a total waste of trip.

Well driving its 1000 something miles, O.O !!!!! But id fly, even thought i hate that but its to see her.

No he'd say !!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? and go on some rant about "how I've seen you before" and how "I'm smarter than anybody else on earth" and "I've been DOING this for awhile."

drphil-17112006-1.jpg

if it were me I would try it and be prepared to move closer to her if it works out, but be very careful good friends can be horrible partners and relationships generally ruin friendships if things don't work out

Im iffy on it, im sorta leaning toward not asking her out. Id rather be close friends over date her and break up and not talk or rarely talk again.

My ex wife and her new husband got along fine for the last year when he was overseas. Now he's back and we'll really see how long they can tolerate each other...

It's easy to get along when you are far apart. But when you live together and see each other 24/7, that may be a different story. It's easy to hide your "dark side" when you aren't around each other all of the time. Hell, I dated her for over three years before we got married, and I did not get to see her dark side until after we married. She hid it well...

I'm just saying...

The chicks usually cheat on you anyways and probably think you will also, then when you see her friends they all quiet around you cause they know she cheated but can't tell you so they watch you make a fool of yourself bending over backwards for her when just a week prior she was bouncing under the sheets with some dude at a party.

Saw it quite a few times.

The chicks usually cheat on you anyways and probably think you will also, then when you see her friends they all quiet around you cause they know she cheated but can't tell you so they watch you make a fool of yourself bending over backwards for her when just a week prior she was bouncing under the sheets with some dude at a party.

Saw it quite a few times.

especially at that age (15?16?) they are kids, and kids will be kids. relationships as teenagers? maybe for a week. staying friends when you like her for more than friend? until she tells you how she spent her weekend. no harm in maintaining an "internet friendship" but dont have any real expectations to get smashed. ~thats all i got~

Is this the same girlfriend that you accidentally sent a link to this forum three weeks ago?

Grant

So three weeks ago you were calling a different girl your girlfriend?

Let me set things strait......
Savannah the girl that hates me.... WE arent friends and never dated

Shannon.... the girl who im talking about 800 miles away i would like to date and we are friends.

Ah to be a teenager again... I suddenly feel way older than 23, could be the arthritis, scars and trashed shoulder talking though :D

I'd recommend just staying on friend terms, kid. Take that advice from someone who has a disastrous relationship history.

im not one to get caught up in all this he said, she said, BS, but Savannah was a stand up girl coming on here a telling her side of the story and i dont think she was a ***** about it at all. maybe thats why you are having issues, all this name calling

Yes its good she gave her side of the story, but im calling her that cause she is mean to lots of people. And they have come to me and told me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back