Look what the UPS driver delivered today - Hint: Goodyear Blue Streak

-

Hopeto

Reaction score
I need to finish blasting / painting the wheels and get these mounted.

goodyearbluestreak1.jpg

goodyearbluestreak2.jpg

goodyearbluestreak3.jpg

65 Formula S - Reproductions of the original equipment tire.

Thats gonna look sweet. I like the little line look. A nice touch but not too much where it looks like a old mans car lol. Do those stay blue? Or are they white?

The blue stripe remains blue and the white letters remain the same. No real variety of sizes reproduced as this was the only size OEM on the Formula S. There is a similar 775/15 reproduced as it was OE on some Shelby's. I ordered them through Summit as I had picked up a 10% off voucher at the Dallas Autorama last weekend. They drop ship from the manufacturer. With the discount they were $1889.95 total for 5 tires (one for the spare) shipped (no tax). Not cheap but the OEM look I wanted.

If thats what you wanted than cost is irrelevant. If i wanted that look id probably pay it too

The blue stripe remains blue and the white letters remain the same. No real variety of sizes reproduced as this was the only size OEM on the Formula S. There is a similar 775/15 reproduced as it was OE on some Shelby's. I ordered them through Summit as I had picked up a 10% off voucher at the Dallas Autorama last weekend. They drop ship from the manufacturer. With the discount they were $1889.95 total for 5 tires (one for the spare) shipped (no tax). Not cheap but the OEM look I wanted.

I love the blue stripe!

I have a 66 Coronet 500 that would really rock that look.......Cooker "red lines" wouldn't be cheap either, but perhaps a bit easier on the wallet.

Back when I was a kid, a local garage used to cut their recess and fill it with a white paint. I wonder what ever happened to that technique?

The sharpies would not work lol, you could probably find tire decals that you could cut or actually try to paint them on, nothing cheap about reproduction original style tires. But cant beat the look

I picked up a set from Santa and they look great mounted on the Barracuda! Didn't test drive yet....Minn.

I have them on my Formula S. The PO installed them.

KMwae2w.jpg

Since I bought the car last fall and got it on the road just before the snow flew, I didn't get a chance to drive the car much, but the tires seem to flat spot from sitting and it takes a mile or two to get them to stop feeling like the tires are square.

I'm torn as to what to do... I think I might sell the tires and buy some repop blue or red line radials. I bought the car to drive and as much as I like the look, I'm also convinced that I would like a modern tire on it. The thought of just buying a set of wheels and tires and stacking these in the corner has occurred to me, but I know they would most likely just stay stacked in the corner.

That’s what is holding me up from purchase, I have some Goodyear radials and it drives beautiful....

Poly glass? Non radial old school horrible in wet conditions..... I remember drifting on ny roads without radials

I have them on my Formula S. The PO installed them.

View attachment 1715145452

Since I bought the car last fall and got it on the road just before the snow flew, I didn't get a chance to drive the car much, but the tires seem to flat spot from sitting and it takes a mile or two to get them to stop feeling like the tires are square.

I'm torn as to what to do... I think I might sell the tires and buy some repop blue or red line radials. I bought the car to drive and as much as I like the look, I'm also convinced that I would like a modern tire on it. The thought of just buying a set of wheels and tires and stacking these in the corner has occurred to me, but I know they would most likely just stay stacked in the corner.
I'm the guy who put those on that car because I had the window sticker that showed that the car came with them and I wanted the original look. I was going to also mention the flat spotting when the car sat for any length of time and that it took a few miles for them to round out again. I think they are made with a softer compound as the felt more of the rough spots on the road but I put up with to keep the original look of the car and the fact that you see very few other cars with Blue Streaks on them. I thought the car handled good with them though.

-
Back