Lookin for a recipe!!

-
They'll check him after he wins. Somebody will cry foul, they always do.

....BUT the guys chip in here, but wouldn't the 906 heads be a good flowing head for this application? No?

In a mildly ported form they are good for, say, 620HP. All out, you can get 750HP-800HP normally aspirated on pump gas. If Comp Cams hadn't forgotten to turn the cooling water on to the engine and toasted it, while on their dyno, we should have been closer to 800HP instead of 730HP.

Darned expensive heads when we were finished porting them.

....BUT the guys chip in here, but wouldn't the 906 heads be a good flowing head for this application? No?

In a mildly ported form they are good for, say, 620HP. All out, you can get 750HP-800HP normally aspirated on pump gas. If Comp Cams hadn't forgotten to turn the cooling water on to the engine and toasted it, while on their dyno, we should have been closer to 800HP instead of 730HP.

Darned expensive heads when we were finished porting them.

I bet they are! BUT aren't the 906's the better choice for porting then the rest? As far as factory Mopar heads go without going aftermarket.....????

How about a stroked W2 small block? 11:1 and a 850 Demon? Iron heads...as much as the Motown heads are. That or a destroked 413 (offset ground) and block decked for 10:1 stock pistons.

I bet they are! BUT aren't the 906's the better choice for porting then the rest? As far as factory Mopar heads go without going aftermarket.....????

In our experience, with all the heads that came on regular passenger car big block engines, the ported 906 has the best flow capablilities of them all. Yes even better than the 915, even though the ports may look the same when laid side by side.

The Max Wedge heads and the Mopar Performance Stage V iron heads may flow better but are not included in the "regular passenger car" bracket for this discussion by me.

-
Back