looking at a 74 charger

-

shiifty_dart

Reaction score
its a 318 car needs a gas tank drive shaft oh yeah and a engine he only wants 1000 for it I have not seen this car yet so I dont know about how rusted it is but if it is pretty clean would that be a fair price?

If it's clean and no rust yes, The 74 chargers have a nice rap around bumper and can be set up to handle real nice Look close for soft floor board and if you see something you would like to build make notes of parts you need and get some prices. I do like the 74's

3293306229_ff183445fc (Custom).jpg

Not to be picky, that pic is of a '73 :toothy10:
The tanks MAY be the same for 73-74 small block cars, but the big blocks are definitely "unique" - there is a "lump" in the trunk floor to accomodate the tank shape.
I love my 440 powered 74 SE They ride and handle decently - ya just have to get used to a hood big enough to land a 747 on! 8)
Parts CAN be an issue - probably one of the few Mopars more un-loved and overlooked than the A-bods.
I seem to take a liking to the unwanted step-children!~
Me - 74 Charger SE 440/Auto
Wife - 68 Barracuda S 340 Auto
55 Dodge Royal sedan - V8 3 on the tree!

If it's clean and no rust yes, The 74 chargers have a nice rap around bumper and can be set up to handle real nice Look close for soft floor board and if you see something you would like to build make notes of parts you need and get some prices. I do like the 74's

I had a 74 S.E. with the 400 magnum 727/8 3/4 suregrip w/ the nfactory fined exhaust tips still on it. Paid $500.00 for it in 1999 because the idiot that owned it couldn't figure out that it wouldn't start because the seatbelt interlock system had been bypassed and the wires under the dash came untwisted. I twisted the wires together changed the plugs and popped on a rebuilt thermoquad and the thing purred like a kitten. It even had a tuff wheel option and Cragar mags. I turned around and sold it for $2,000 a few months later. It was a solid car with only one dent in the passenger side fender. That thing would just melt the tires. I should've kept it.

A couple things to note on the 74 shiifty dart, there are rubber bushings erverywhere! lol
The K frame and the cross member for the tortion bars are bushed as well as between the 9.25 rear and the shock plate... just check it over well but I must say that the price is definately right!!!

-
Back