Looking for more

-
I just finished putting on the glass bumpers and installing the rest of the interior. I still need to install the battery kill switch. I should be ready to go next week. I am going to miss opening day at Island DRAGWAY with Nendra.

Attachments

• glass bumper.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 334
  • glass bumper 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 324
Battery switch went in today. The glass bumpers are both on. I'm ready to go. 11.50 Index race at Island dragway next weekend!

Attachments

• beast 001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 312
  • beast 002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 313
I haven't been posting much lately, but here is the latest. I ran 11.30s and 40s early in the spring with my dual quad setup and really good air. Da was about 300 when I ran those times. As soon as it got warmer and more humid, the cars best was 11.86 @ 113. It ran around 12.0 a couple times with a 3500 ft. Da. I switched to the 440 Victor/holley combo I bought last year. I instantly felt the car pulling all the way through the traps. It didn't have that feel with the offy intake. The car is now consistently in the 11.30s with bad air. I recently also put new rear tires on because I saw my 60ft.time slipping. My best 60 to date was 1.57 on old tires. With the new tires, I could only manage 1.60. So I went to adjust the rear shocks, figuring I would tighten the right side to help offset the twisting. Two things. No adjustment on the shocks. I bought them used, but now they are done. The other thing is my springs. They are starting to bend the opposite way. I'm now looking for a set of old Superstock springs and good double adjustable shocks. It should help my 60 ft. Times I would think.

What are your 60ft times? Should be able to crack the 10s with the MPH you're running. A good converter would get you there, and when I say good I mean 8" race converter.
1.57-1.58 60 ft.

I was going to get the 8" but I chickened out at the last minute. I drive on the street alot and was worried about the 8". That may be what I do next.

I have run a 8 in. PTC custom race convertor in 2 street cars with no problems. You really can't tell the difference after you street drive them for a while. Make sure you have a transmission cooler. Both would flash to 54-5500.

1.57-1.58 60 ft.

I was going to get the 8" but I chickened out at the last minute. I drive on the street alot and was worried about the 8". That may be what I do next.

I understand where you're coming from with the street driving. The more race oriented ie faster the car gets the less street friendly the car gets.

With a properly built converter I think you could get those 60 ft time down to 1.50 or better and still keep it driveable.

Well, I have a story about my nostalgia race at Englishtown today. It will have to wait till tomorrow though. I'M beat.

Here's the story in pictures. I'm car 6115.

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 06.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 100
  • 05.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 94
  • 04.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 03.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 02.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 106
  • 01.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 08.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
First run of the day I run 12.0. The car was breaking up.The weather was hot and humid so I go back to the pits and make a jet change. Come out for the next time trial and ran 11.42. That was better. The afr was still at 14.0 so I made another jet change in the rear and went up for round 1. I dialed 11.40 and ran 11.37. I broke out but the guy I raced broke out more. GTX For The Win in the first round. I should mention that there was a pretty stiff head wind which is why the MPH is down. Round #2 I go up to the lanes and dial 11.35. I was paired with a guy with a Maverick who was all the way in the back of the line. He finds out he's paired with me and comes up , checks out my car and wishes me luck. He goes back to his car and I see him talking to one of the officials. It looks like they are friends or maybe he is just at Englishtown a lot and knows them. I see the guy talking on the radio and walks by, but I think nothing of it. About 10 minutes later, our class gets the call to race. The line starts moving and then I see an official come around the corner and stop in front of my car. I open the door and he says you're not dialing 11.35 without a rollbar and 5 point harness. I WAS RATTED OUT FOR A TROPHY!!! He wipes off the .35 and writes .50 on the windshield. He says Don't go under!!!!! So while I'm waiting to go up, I'm thinking what I should do. I'm also thinking that I'm done for the day. I have only been bracket racing for a year and a half, so I don't know How to play with the times that much. I also remembered that while racing with Nendra last lear that I missed second gear a couple of times and it slowed me down almost 3 tenths. So I get to the line and do everything the same as usual. When I take off, I shifted from first to third intentionally. I never saw my light go on, but the jackass red lights. I runn 11.55 on an 11.50 dial. Not bad for thinkink my day was over.I go up for the third round and the official comes up to me. I'm saying to myself I'm done for sure this time. He walks up to me and says you have the bye. GTX FTW again!!!! That was a relief. I ran the same way as the previous round, but it felt faster. i shifted from first to third but since I had the bye, I lifted to make sure I didn't get thrown out. It ran 11.52 @ 113. I got the old powerglide dialed in
smile.png
. Next round the car is still dialed at 11.50. I take off and at the stripe, the guy I'm racing is still in back of me. I lifted again and ran 11.59@109. On to the finals!!!! I was immediately called back to the lanes. The guy I'm racing had the bye the previous round and chose not to run. I don't blame him because it was so hot. My poor wife expected me to be long gone by now. She had to work an overnight shift that night and should have been home sleeping by then. Anyway, I had the left lane all day long and got stuck in the right lane for the finals. Not an excuse, but just wasn't comfortable when I lined up. RED LIGHT!!! End of the run. I was a long tiring day, but still had fun. Just sucks to lose that way.
As a side note, 5 of the final 7 cars were Mopars. I lost to a Cuda.

-
Back