Looking for some help with cars in the San Francisco Bay area!!! UPDATE......

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I am posting this for my friend Ulf (65dartcharger)

Ulf found 2 1965 Dodge Dart wagons on Craigslist (link at bottom of page) in the San Fran Bay area in CA, he contacted the seller a couple times and spoke on the phone with him, telling him he wants the cars. After he found out Ulf is in Sweden, I think he thought he was being scammed cause he won't reply to Ulf anymore. I also contacted the guy through email and explained Ulf is my friend and then he stopped repling to me too, must be nervous or something?The seller says the cars will be scrapped soon if not sold so he wants to act fast.

My question is: is there a FABO member in that area willing to possibly pick up the cars and take them home with them? Then, Ulf can have a California shipping company pick them up ASAP to be shipped out. Ulf said he will pay for the costs involved in getting the cars home, fuel, storage, anything invloved plus your time. The cars are $500 for the pair, he can Western Union the money or paypal as soon as needed. The seller stated the cars have good clear titles too, which would have to be presented to the shipping company in order to ship.

Ulf has shipped cars before and this is not new to him, so no it should go great. It would be awesome if these cars can be saved and he can get them. You can PM me for more info, or I can give you Ulf's number and email info to and you can talk right to him. The reason I started this thread is that Ulf is driving at the moment and has a 5 hour drive ahead of him yet, so we thought having me post this he could get a earlier jump on this.

Hope somebody can help, thanks alot!! Keith. :glasses7:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3652333350.html

My Brother in law lives in Stockton and is a very knowledgeable car guy.
Even a mopar guys on top of that, so I call him and see if he can do it.

hey where are the cars at? cant i just go and be an out of the blue buyer and go from there?scratch that concord is not far at all from here pm me kieth we can do somthing....

Well, good news!! It looks like these cars will be saved from the crusher!!! FABO member Damraider/Steve lives very close to the them, he spoke with the owner of wagons and they will be meeting up in a couple hours to get the cars loaded and make a deal!! I am sure Ulf is excited....and all this happened while he was on a long drive home in his car!! Glad to see members pull together as a family, this made my day, i'm sure Ulf feels the same way too :glasses7:

Special thanks to James, he was the first to offer his help but he was farther away, would have had to make 2 trips and 6 hrs total drive time when all said and done, plus more time for all the work involved. Very awesome to offer that much time and help, Ulf was blown away that you would do all that too :D

I also got PM's from other members and some posts in this thread offering to help, very cool. Honestly, we didn't expect this many offers, very nice to see this much support, thank you all :cheers:

FABO Rocks :prayer: :cheers: :mrgreen:

Well, good news!! It looks like these cars will be saved from the crusher!!! FABO member Damraider/Steve lives very close to the them, he spoke with the owner of wagons and they will be meeting up in a couple hours to get the cars loaded and make a deal!! I am sure Ulf is excited....and all this happened while he was on a long drive home in his car!! Glad to see members pull together as a family, this made my day, i'm sure Ulf feels the same way too :glasses7:

Special thanks to James, he was the first to offer his help but he was farther away, would have had to make 2 trips and 6 hrs total drive time when all said and done, plus more time for all the work involved. Very awesome to offer that much time and help, Ulf was blown away that you would do all that too :D

I also got PM's from other members and some posts in this thread offering to help, very cool. Honestly, we didn't expect this many offers, very nice to see this much support, thank you all :cheers:

it's all good kieth....

Cool. If you ever get a deal in my area send me a message.

I chked with my Brother in law, and he can't do it but I'm glad it got done anyway.

Nice job guys

Yep, good karma is always a good thing. On my way home with the second car now. And I get free room and board in Sweden next time I get over there. LOL.

Yep, good karma is always a good thing. On my way home with the second car now. And I get free room and board in Sweden next time I get over there. LOL.

Awesome!! Ulf owes me some free nights at his Mopar villa too, maybe we need to take a trip soon? LOL :D

Keith!

Over the years I have found out that the FABO family is something special! Everybody seems to take care of each oter, people step up to help people whatever it is.

When I talked with you Keith last night I could never imagine to help people offered to help me out with the cars.

Keith! You are more then welcome and I owe you one, for sure!

James! Thanks for the ultra fast help you offered. I was just blown away how fast you stepped up!

Steve! Thanks for picking up the cars for me. You are more then welcome to Sweden. I'm sure we can dig up some fun Miopars around here!

Thanks FABO for offering me help! I'm more then grateful!

:burnout:

You are very welcome Ulf, glad we could make this happen for you :glasses7:

I had to laugh at you initial posting because if somebody responded to craigslist ad I had posted form Sweden I would have thought it a scam as well! Awesome FABO could come through for him.
It also makes me remember back in my navy days we made a port call in Tasmania. There were these "dial a sailor" posts up on a bulletin at the pier inviting sailors to come have dinner or what ever. I found one for the early ford owners of Taz inviting us to a club meeting. Went with a few friends, picked up in an old Ute, had a great dinner and drinks. Was invited the next day by a well known builder/fabricator and was given a personal tour all over the island in a 66 Galaxy and a free lunch and dinner. One of the best port call we ever had thanks to some cool Aussie car guys. Definitely if anybody is travelling to another country they should post something up on here and find some Abody guys to spend an afternoon with.

Keith!

Over the years I have found out that the FABO family is something special! Everybody seems to take care of each oter, people step up to help people whatever it is.

When I talked with you Keith last night I could never imagine to help people offered to help me out with the cars.

Keith! You are more then welcome and I owe you one, for sure!

James! Thanks for the ultra fast help you offered. I was just blown away how fast you stepped up!

Steve! Thanks for picking up the cars for me. You are more then welcome to Sweden. I'm sure we can dig up some fun Miopars around here!

Thanks FABO for offering me help! I'm more then grateful!

:burnout:

Hey there bud! wish I coulda done more, but sure glad ya got it all sorted out! happy for ya! that is great!! thanks steve for lookin out!

-James

Very cool!!
way to help a member out!

Those rides will be going to a good home, Lawrence

-
Back