Looking to improve 60 foot

-
The 8 inch converter was built for the bigger motor. Im not planning on changing the converter for this setup.

Just looking at the incrementals, it (the 60') looks about right for the ET/MPH. Probably not too much to gain with out some "significant" changes. Just my 2 cents.

Im starting to think that. It needs more jet and im going try a couple of shock adjusments. Also see if it will take more rpm as im only shifting 6600. Then just run it.

I guess I will mention (although this starts into "significant" changes)....my car used to run 10.8 @ 123 ish with a 1.50 60' (previous engine). A friend of mine rebuilt my 727 when I was in a real jam ( I burned up the trans 1 week before the bracket finals), long story short, whatever he did made the 60' drop to 1.47. After that the car was running 10.7's thanks to the better 60'.

I know this probably doesn't help, but thought I would throw it out there.

Transmision is a fresh Full billet lightened rollerized 727 works really well. I previously had a Pro shifted 4 speed. Ive already gone 4 ths faster. I know the rear shock setting is to soft.

If your “shift light” is at 6600, you’re actual shift point may surprise you. The time between “see light”, “pull shifter”, mechanical time to make shift is quite surprising :)

If your “shift light” is at 6600, you’re actual shift point may surprise you. The time between “see light”, “pull shifter”, mechanical time to make shift is quite surprising :)
Agree! Depending on trans shift time, and internal reaction time , can be up to four or five hundred rpm..

I’m sure its a RMVB? It takes mine 300. I pull it at 6000 and rpm crests at 6300 on my log. This is a RMVB that hits hard/fast enough to chirp my little tire in each gear. You can hear it in the video, a tiny “creak” sound. Just rounds off the peak just ever so slightly on the driveshaft rpm graph.

-
Back