-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2-66 Cudas

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Beware the USPS! Make sure you insure parts you are shipping - the good ole Postal Service lost a $200.00 torque converter somewhere between New York and PA - last tracked in NJ. If they don't find it, I'm out $200.00!!!

Sorry to hear about your possible loss. It might turn up "sometime".

But that's one thing that always bothered me about shippers. You are paying them for a service. Then you're suppose to pay extra to make sure they make good on it in case they screw up??? At least FedEx and UPS give you insurance up to $100 at no charge.

one reason it is always a good idea to put a second address label on the bottom of the box and another one inside the box, if the two on the outside of the box get damaged and are unreadable they will open the box and find the third one and eventually your package will arrive at its destination

A USPS manager told me on the phone that if you don't insure you packages they will most likley lose or damage your package on purpose! I had 2 packages get damaged within 1 week, when I called to complain this is what they told me.

I've never had any problems with USPS.

It will turn up.

I hope it does, and wish him the best of luck.

But just 4 months ago, I bought a new nail gun from a guy in KC, and he shipped it USPS without insurance. It didn't make it, and it was on him. I gave him a break, and let him ship a used one UPS, but didn't have to.

Just say no to USPS.

A USPS manager told me on the phone that if you don't insure you packages they will most likley lose or damage your package on purpose! I had 2 packages get damaged within 1 week, when I called to complain this is what they told me.
What,, Ive shipped about 50 to 70 packages in the last year with maybe 10 of them insured and all have arrived. Sounds like you local USPS office needs a call from the Post master general with a comment like that.

I,ve never had a problem with USPS or Canada Post.Canada Post gives the first $100 insurance free with your parcel,if it,s worth more you have to pay extra.I think your part will show or they should come good on it.This is why you bought insurance for your item.I,d talk with a higher up at the Post office.good luck.

That's why I send all my money orders express mail, they are tracked better.

I also ask all sellers to ship insured so if the parts get lost, we at least get our money back.

My brother sent me a certified envelope with the titles of seven of my cars to me when I lived in Detroit. The envelope was tracked to the Detroit post office at 8 Mile and Livernois, then disappeared. Never showed up. I had to pay $65 each for replacement titles for Illinois to retitle my cars.

I also ordered some Richard Jeni videos and cd's from his website last january. They were tracked to the post office in Forest Park, IL and never showed up. His sister ended up refunding my money and I had to order them over again and asked to have them insured. She did that for me and then I finally got them. It's a shame that she had to eat the cost as she is making his videos available for his fans and not making much profit.

Always, always ship insured. They tend not to be lost so often when you do...

I also ordered a part from another FABO member that was sent with signature required. It was supposed to arrive on a Saturday. I waited around all day for the package to show up with a knock at my door...no knock. Went to my mailbox at 6PM and it was in there with my regular mail. When I looked up the tracking number on line, It was signed for by my neighbor who had been dead for 8 years!!! Either they are playing games, or something spooky is going on around here... I made a complaint about this to the post office at the shipper's request, and the mail carrier was on vacation and due back next week... Never heard from them about it again.

Ha, that manager would be on 3rd shift before you could say "mail fraud"....

Oh, and certified mail can be signed for by anyone, and it is tracked 100% of the way electronically, so there is a record of its whereabouts. Registered mail is the big boy, it actually gets its own bag that has a zipper on it and a seal that can only be broken by the next guy in the link of handlers and only after he signs for it on a ledger. Too bad they dont have registered packages. But insurance is so cheap dont know why people dont put it into the posted shipping cost.

it might still show up.

last month i shipped some valve covers to a member in new york.

few days went by and I checked the confirmation number to see if the member got the package and USPS.com showed the package had arrived at the destination.

so I contacted the member to see how he liked his new valve covers.

he replied and told me he had not received them.

a couple days later he contacted me and said he contacted his post office to see what was up and they tried blaming it on my post office and said that the package probably never left my post office and was sitting in the shipping room still.

so I contacted my post office and they said...nope ,it definitely went out.

they said that this happens alot to packages heading to the new york/new jersey and surrounding areas.....and more so around holidays ( I shipped this package around memorial day time I think it was). they said that the packages for some reason easily get taken off route and find there way to another state before it is noticed that they had missed the destination and then they have to be sent back out to the shipping address they were originally suppose to go to.

sure enough....a couple of days later it showed up to the members door and that was exactly what had happened.....it made its way to new jersey and had to be back tracked to new york.

why would anyone be surprised that USPS could be a sucky institution? its run by the government. UPS and FedEx are for-profit companies that must take good care of their clients to stay in business. not saying people havent had bad experiences with UPS or FedEx but ive seen the rate at which they work vs. the rate of a postal worker plus the attitude differences. i hope the package shows up all the same, im just sayin

I went down to my Post Office again today - as the package was due to be delivered on June 13 latest! Postmaster said he had contacted the Consumer Relations Dept., they told him it was on the shipper to initiate an "MRC" (Missing Request Claim). Again, if it was not insured I'm out of luck! He also told me the processing center it was tracked to in (Surprise - Surprise!!!) NEW JERSEY was lovingly referred to as "THE BLACK HOLE!!!! Nuf Said!!!

I worked there for 20 years and never seen it happen. I always laugh when I read these posts, not about your misfortune but how the blame always gets put on the PO. I was a mailhandler. One of my jobs was to clear the belt off in the retail unit, where the window clerks work. You would be amazed at what people call "safely packed". If the contents of a package move around when it is shaken the box stands a very good chance of not making it. It is not uncommon for a pakage to have 1400 pounds of stuff on it. And if you leave any air pockets in the box it will collapse. And then from there you are at the mercy of the PO. Years ago they had people who were on limited duty doing repair work, so when stuff got tore up it only sat for as long it took that person to get to it. Now the PO has few, if any light duty jpbs. Stuff gets ripped open, it very well might sit for a few days. Anyway, sure the package had the right zip on it? Have you contacted your local delivery unit and asked for the claims department? Might want to see if your local P&DC has a claims number, as well as the senders P&DC. The Post Office does indeed destroy some stuff. The PO does a very poor job of informing the public on how to mail stuff safely. Good luck, hopefully your package will show up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back