Lots of Mopar A-body cars for sale here

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
There is a flood of good mopar projects as of late in my area. Giving them away prices. There is a 71' dart parts car for $950, wrecked in the rear quarter, but complete with really good interior and all straight doors and front sheetmetal. A 1973 factory 340 dart with 360 swapped in for $1100. A 1972 dart running and driving slant six for $1500, 1974 Plymouth duster factory manual 3 speed transmission with slant six. Engine, trans and pedals there, rest of car fairly complete. $400.00. I'm not sure if it's just me, but doesn't it seem that they come in waves. I have been buying them up, but I cant buy them all. Lol. Well, I shouldn't anyways. If anyone wants some info on one or some let me know and I'll try and post the links or send them to your message. I may call the guy with the manual duster. But I'll give someone else the chance first.

Not much like that here in Oklahoma! I would snatch the $400 duster up quick.

How about the 73 with 360 swapped in- any info on that one?

Are these all on CL? I really don't need another project. Lol. Where was that 71 dart parts car a year ago?!

Thanks for sharing.

They are all on craigslist. I'll get the 360 duster info up for you.

Tried several times to get it loaded up for you on the 360 dart. It's a factory manual transmission car with fender tags, bucket seats, etc. Its listed in the mt tabor Oregon craigslist page. Everytime I try to load it on the page it says error occurred. If you can get it posted up here for me that would be awesome.

These cars deserve to go to people who will appreciate them.
Thanks for sharing this...I'm on the other side of the continent but any links would be welcome.

I agree finding decent projects comes in waves, seems like time of year, and, prices extra stupid right after BJ too! I have 3 mopars and love putting them together but at age 70 I need to sell off a couple not buy more!!! Problem is not the initial cost of the project, but the work and $ it takes to get on the road and not be a pile of rusted parts!

Agreed. Some of the cars around here are great deals. Some are right on for value. I'm thinking the dart would be better as a parts car over a saving restoration.

I see these waves come through and I usually dummy up about it because they come through another places to. That way there Supply stays fat in their area and so do ours in our area?
The idea here is to not give away all of our good parts when when they are available and then when they're good parts are available they don't say nothing?

Last edited:
I see these waves come through and I usually dummy up about it because they come through another places to. That way there Supply stays fat in their area and so do ours in our ears?
The idea here is to not give away all of our good parts when when they are available and then when they're good parts are available they don't say nothing?
I guess I didn't think about it like that. I was thinking more along the lines that if these cars don't get bought up by guys like us on the forum that they end up in wrecking yards or recycled. But I do see your point of view as well jpar. I should let the guys in our area keep dropping their prices and then pick them up super cheap and keep building my collection of mopars and parts. Thanks for getting me back on track.

I guess I didn't think about it like that. I was thinking more along the lines that if these cars don't get bought up by guys like us on the forum that they end up in wrecking yards or recycled. But I do see your point of view as well jpar. I should let the guys in our area keep dropping their prices and then pick them up super cheap and keep building my collection of mopars and parts. Thanks for getting me back on track.
EXACTLY!!

Don't worry after all this Barrett-Jackson talk everybody thinks their damn Scamp is a damn four speed Hemi cuda worth a million..
No one's going and letting anything go to the wrecking yard these days. We even have Chevy guys out here trying to sell Mopar Parts like their gold.

Don't worry after all this Barrett-Jackson talk everybody thinks their damn Scamp is a damn four speed Hemi cuda worth a million..
I had this same conversation with a guy that I bought an 8 3/4 from last week. He parted out dozens of A-body cars and is wanting to sell out his complete collection to me. Which includes a 71 340 4 speed swinger. Hemi orange all numbers matching. When I asked him what he wants for the car he said $4500. I stepped back in shock, thinking that was a great deal. Then he said, he knows it's not a hemi gtx 4 speed car like everyone thinks theirs is worth after seeing barrett Jackson sales. At least a few of us can stay grounded in reality.

I need to knock it off, a lot of good buys have been popping up around here and there have been some days I got out of work early just to go buy something. Kinda sick when you are taking your truck and trailer to an office building so that you can change to work to clothes and jet from there right after work to go pick up on a car.

I scored a really sweet 66 Fury that is the car I wanted for some time now.

going to pick up some more but I am not saying what or where they are till I have possession LOL

I have a land, a car fund and a serious problem :eek::eek::eek::eek:

You're among like minded friends here that support you and your addiction. Lol, cause most of us here are suffering from the same thing. I know I am.

I think sometimes good buys get overlooked and they get in a rut of not selling right away.

I bought this car from here on FABO and I don't see why it didn't sell sooner [SOLD] - 1967 Belvedere I

I think sometimes projects look worse than they really are and on the flip some cars look better than they are and it is found only after you dig in.

Sometimes the stars have to line up for it to happen, because I believe it's either meant for you end up with certain cars or its not and you never had a chance anyways.

It sure is fun playing the game and wheeling and dealing and trading IMO To me, cars can be like trading cards.....you get a group of people together and some leave the table with something different than they brought and some cash out and others .....well, time will tell

-
Back