Lottery tickets!!

-
The odds of winning yourself go down with more tickets sold, however the odds of someone winning, as opposed to no one go up. I splurged three bucks.

I read somewhere once that something like 44% of the people that win mega million dollar jackpots are broke within five years. Yes I bought a ticket and when I win I will fly to Monte Carlo and drop it all on red.

The wife and I got 5 bucks worth today. When we went to get the groceries.
What the hell. Somebody's gonna win it. Just hope it's me. 5 bucks aint going
to break me.

What matters is the "expected return". If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be gambling. In most states, the expected return is ~$0.50 for $1.00 gambled. The mafia numbers games gave returns of ~$0.90, which is why they are still in business. When the pot rolls over, you have an opportunity to get >$1 return since you get a chance at money already invested. However, as more people pile in, the rolled over pot gets diluted, so my guess it will be <$1 return. Anyway, I put in $5 to a pool at work because I thought it might be >$1 return and not worth my time to investigate.

Oh, and never bet on your birthday or such. Birthday numbers fall in certain clumps, so aren't spread evenly over all numbers, which reduces your expected return. Better to bet on the sparser numbers, if you can figure out what those are. Of course, if you believe in "lucky numbers" you shouldn't be gambling. Better you chase Leprechauns for their gold pot.

Odd's don't change, but the possibility that someone else has the same numbers as you, could possibly increase.

And what of all the individuals holding multiple tickets? Surely this would fudge the odds in your favour as your playing more #s.

Check this out. A group of employees from Hughes Performance here in Phx. pooled some $$ and bought more than 100 quikpick tickets for the Mega-Millions lotto. The multiple pics are printed 10 per ticket. 2 of the tickets had the same #'s on every line.....:scratch:

The lottery officials came and took the machine for inspection.......

Attachments

• Lottery+Tickets+fix.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 107
I bought first Mega Millions ever so if I win im going to need,

Pettybludart, AdamR, 67dartGT, Crackedback, Toolmanmike. Gonna need an engine guy suggestions? Gonna fly them all in to help me finish the scamp! Sound like a plan

Check this out. A group of employees from Hughes Performance here in Phx. pooled some $$ and bought more than 100 quikpick tickets for the Mega-Millions lotto. The multiple pics are printed 10 per ticket. 2 of the tickets had the same #'s on every line.....:scratch:

Now that is interesting!!!

Wonder how many other tickets have the same situation?

I bought 5 and will see what happens.

That's WACK!!!!

btw had mom buy me two tickets when it was ONLY 400 million. I'm not greedy...I'd easily give the other amount away and...DISAPPEAR!!

Aloha and

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Mike

Bought a 5 dollar ticket. never really buy lotto but what the heck!

Not sure what I would do with the money. probably build a racetrack or something, how cool would that be?:burnout:

I was under the impression for many years that the only benefit from quick pick was that the computor would give you a number that up to that point hadn't yet been taken. Something here seems way off.

-
Back