Low dollar torque strap

-
Old thread. I'm still using cheap Oreilly mounts, but I added a solid link similar to the Shumacher strap that you guys can get. So far so good.

photobucket-37005-1361576003307_zps8815b9e3.jpg

Sort of the same thing as running a solid motor mount on the drivers side if the strap is mounted solid on both ends. I would much rather see the strap on the block instead of the head especially on higher HP Applications to keep any shock, force or movement away from the head gasket.

Back in the day, chebby had a problem with broken motor mounts allowing the engine to torque over and pull the throttle to wide open.

LOL... That brings back memories. When I was a kid I bought an old Buick real cheap to use while I was rebuilding the engine and trans on my Chrysler and it did just that. It only took about 1/3~1/2 throttle and the engine would raise up and go WOT and the only way to kill it was shut the key off. First time it happened I about crapped my pants.

Well worth the money for that and the through-bolt Idler mount, too!

They might be but considering the work it takes to change a K-frame from the biscuit type to spool type it just seems to me that going with a better mount such as the Schumacher poly loc is the way to go. Just my .02

All but 67 K frames had the through bolt idler arm mount

Back in the day, chebby had a problem with broken motor mounts allowing the engine to torque over and pull the throttle to wide open.

Plowed a BB Camaro sideways into a curb while turning left.... Biggest brody ever with a rough ending. Got to love the cantilevered throttle linkage, NOT!

Bent axle and ruined a brand new Centerline!

Wouldn't a bolt with a few flat washers and a self-locking nut thru both sides of the metal plates of the factory motor mount work? You wouldn't have to crank it down tight, just leave a little slack in it.

Wouldn't a bolt with a few flat washers and a self-locking nut thru both sides of the metal plates of the factory motor mount work? You wouldn't have to crank it down tight, just leave a little slack in it.

That would work but the problem is the entire biscuit mount is sandwiched between the motor mount bracket and K-frame. No room for bolts sticking through it.

-
Back