Low on Funds... :(

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Hey gang.
Sorta a rant here... sorta a plug... sorta needing some cash.

Ok Ok... who doesnt need cash right now ? Economy sucks.. I dont live paycheck to paycheck typically, but its pretty dang close. As many of you know I am a single dad with two young daughters. This equals lots of my paycheck going out the door. I live pretty frugal. I dont have cable TV, or much for toys except for my Duster. I been doing pretty good with keeping my head afloat and not worrying too much, but it seems lately I have been slipping backwards as all the prices in the world are going up... but my paycheck isnt. To top it off I got nailed with a few unordinary bills the last two months. Parts sales have all but stopped. Which I rely on pretty heavily for some extra cushion cash.

I am blessed to have had the same job for over 10 years and still working. Which is a trick in the automotive world.
I am not looking for any charity as I know this site does. That is NOT the reason for my post. There are many of you that are worse off then I am so dont get me wrong. I just love it how when your watching your pennies and then BOOM here have some big bills to eat your funds.... ! Nice.
So I have reduced my prices on my parts. I have a lot of dog dish caps for sale in the Tires and Wheels sections. If you looking for something please check them out. I modified the prices and I think you will finds some good deals. I am just trying to be pro-active and move some items so I might get some Christmas cash for my kids without putting me completely upside down.

If other moderators or anyone has a prob with this post please let me know and I will remove it...

Thanks

-RPM

I seen your hub caps and they have great prices. I just wish I could buy right now. Things will get better. Prayers are sent.

Meridian. Thats close to Boise isn't it? Anyway , I'm not a mod but I see nothing wrong with a little advertising. At least it sounds like you have your head screwed on right. Family first, toys second and Christmas ? Christmas is what YOU make it, Its from the heart.

Ok I am not a Mod but I have been here for a while and feel I can comment on this. First off I see no problem with you advertising a little here, at least you aren't on here crying and whining that your stuff isn't selling. You are being proavtive with your items and have them priced to sell. Secondly those are the nicest dog dishs I have seen in a long time, just saying. I wish I had an A-body I would be all over them. Keep your head up and things will smooth out out. Christmas doesn't have to be about how many presents, make it about the time you spend together. Presents are just a bonus, just make the time you have special.

Sorry to hear about your tuff times. Things are slow all over and there just isn't much expendable cash floating around. Have you considered putting some of the signs you are making on eBay? There are far more Barracuda owners out there besides the members on this site that would love to have one of those babbies. I am sure that is also the same with your other signs. Don't you think those would make fantastic Christmas presents that could be bought for car owners by other family members? I don't know of any Mopar car owner that wouldn't love to get one as a present. I know if I hadn't bought one for my Barracuda my wife would be pleased to find and buy me one for me for Christmas. There are also other non-mopar lines you could expand in to as one market slows down. If I had the equipment and the know how I would be pumping them out as fast as I could sell them.

I see no problem with the post.
Things will turn around for you, it's tough everywhere.
You are a fair guy and deal in parts fairly as far as i know. At least that's the opinion i have of you.
It's o.k. to vent here in my opinion.
Keep your chin up bro.....

.....I did not not know you were a single Dad with 2 Daughters, hopefully this helps you move some merchandise. Good luck.....

I hear all the comments about the meaning of Christmas and its what you make of it but I,m willing to bet his girls are really looking forward to presents.

No problem with the post here. Though, IMO, add some links to your sale parts. Normally it isn't done. I guess it is all right since this thread is really a two-for one.

To continue with the *****, I so agree. Most of my main money is in overtime which has been cut well and is only going to get worse when the trainee's I have coming through are finally let into the force. Not trying to stop a guy from making money, but there bodies are like overtime plugs killing my check.

The hardest part, kind of a matter of circumstance is I sent my wife to collage to be a RN, and she has done so, to a job market that has since closed up. Now I have a 70K bill and no more money than when I started out with when she signed up for collage.

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat............. thpphhhhhh

Hey RPM, how old are your girls? My only one is a senior.

Life sometimes doesn't seem fair at times but I can assure you that things will get better in time. This is my advice to you my brother...... Love the Lord with all your heart, Be good to people, love from your heart, and Have forgiveness in your heart for people that wrong you. Good things will come. My wife and I are living proof of the love of God. He's blessed us in many ways. Hang in there brother RPM. MMG

Thanks a million people. Your kind words and considerations are taken with great happiness. I know that Christmas comes from the heart and its not all about presents. I just dont see me being selfish enough to leave these hubcaps sitting around waiting for what I really want out of them when they can help provide some gifts or other funds. I know I could make more on ebay with some of them, but I hate ebay. I would rather offer them discounted and help other fellow members here. Its win/win in my book.
My daughters are 10 and 7 years old and are my number 1 priority in life.

Thanks again

-Scott

Wow! Talk about flashback.

RPM, 20 years ago, my wife died from an illness at the age of 34. I was 35 at the time and our two daughters were 8 and 4 years old.
Living off of one income meant that I had to really tighten my financial belt. I moved into an apartment, rented out my house, sold all of my tools, and stopped buying on credit. Sometimes there were only 3 presents under the Christmas tree and other times there were more. I cooked and prepared all of our meals.

As they moved into their adult lives they have been thanking me for all of the love and sacrifices that I had made while raising them without a mother or wife. The gratitude and love they express for me tells me that I did okay under the circumstances that we were in.

Six years ago, I decided to get back into my old Mopar hobby and I bought a 1969 Dodge Polara 500 convertible. My daughters began to buy me tools for Christmas. One year, they combined their money with one of my sisters and bought me a Craftsmen Workbench and cabinets for my garage. They have taken active interests in my cars and ask to drive them on a regular basis.

The oldest one has been married for one year now to a young man that I totally approve of. Their wedding day was a very happy one. The youngest is finishing college.

Keep on doing what is necessary to be the loving, teaching, and protective Father to your girls and they will eventually express their love and gratitude from an adult perspective that will warm your heart each time they do.

God Bless You and Your Daughters

No problem with the thread here......Other than your caps do you have anything else i could possibly purchase........Love to help out anyway i can. I was stuck awhile ago..Dart just sittin then things got a bit better.Keep the faith man. You have your health and love of your 2 Daughters. No matter what theres always someone else worse off..BUT It does suck. I suffer from depression and i hate it. Christmas is from the heart but it feels good to give a bit extra..I hear you. Have a 12 yr old daughter and a 7 yr old son. All the best and my thoughts are with you. PM me if you have anything Dart related or engine stuff. Sincerly....Nite Moves/ Edd

I honestly don't know how 'yall do it. I'm a career bachelor, no kids, and i'm barely scrapping by. Kudos to all you families, and double kudos for you single parents!

Kudos to you man....my dad was a single dad and he raised me and my two sisters by himself....i still don't know how he did it?
Oh, I have been eyeing some center caps by the way....just trying to convince the wifey ;)

Hey Scott, I totally understand where you are coming from, I was raised by my Dad, and I raised my 2 boys on my own for the most part. Seems like a cycle here eh?? Boys are now 19 and 20 and both have left, thinking I am a hypocrit and they did not want to follow rules at home. It seems like it has been paycheck to paycheck for going on 20 years now. I have met the woman for me and for life and am looking fwd to our life together. Im about as broke as I have ever been, but am happy. "They" keep saying the economy is getting better up here... I call BS on that! We all see the great deals on parts and cars on this site that seem to take forever to sell. My bday and Christmas are close together and I would love to have a b-cuda sign, maybe I will nudge Lori in that direction. I agree with some of the other members advice, not to take away your generous gesture of giving fabo members a great deal, but put it on ebay. Its worth a shot, ebay hands down will give you with widest exposure for you to sell your part/products. Good luck and keep your chin up, things will improve!

Thanks again people for the overwhelming responses. It has helped a lot and I really appreciate it. I am definately going to post more dog dishes up so keep track in that section. I am also going to start putting up other items in different sections as well. All prices lowered.
This site...and the people within... rock !
I am responding to all those that have inquired... hang tight and have patience as I work down the list...

Thanks again !!!

-Scott

Hang in there Scott. There is nothing more important than your girls right now. Hopefully things will start getting better soon and there will be more money floating around.

Jack

ps: if you happen to have a 318/340 steel crank laying around, I would be interested.

Hey Scott. I'll help where I can. Are you able to easily catalogue what you have available for a '72 Duster? I can pretty much buy asap.

I just want to commend you on being a single parent and raising them by yourself.......I will keep your family in my thoughts....

Hang in there man. I hear your pain, and I'm praying for you. You may check some local churches as they often help with Christmas gifts for the kids, I know mine does.

I'm not sure if this might help or not Scott, but here's a link to that little FaceBook album inventory I opened up about photos of a few of the metal signs you had available for sale at one time or another.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190049287686247.46908.112791648745345&type=3

Gang, please contact RPM for details about buying the signs. He'll ship them direct too to save you a few bucks if you decide to get it coated. :-D

-
Back