low option or no option 69 dart

-

tet68

Reaction score
my fender tag says lm23p9 which would be a 69 340 swinger e55 d35 which would be a 340 automatic paint code v2 v2 which would be hemi orange and v8w which would be a white stripe the 340 and stripe are part of the 23p package my undrstanding is there was no cost for the automatic on the 340 swinger pkg it was just a choice of it or the 4 speed am i right on the decodeing and would the auto be considered an option

in 69 i test drove a 69 340 auto swinger when i asked about 4 speed price difference was told there was none but no 4 speed in stock so bought a 69 superbee 4 speed when i look up old brochures some say 4 speed is standard some say 4 speed or 3 speed auto so my twisted logic is that if there is no price differnce it would be a choice not an option would there be a 69 dart dealer option list and prices posted anywhere

According to the 'Print Ads' in the Car Magazines, the 4-Speed was standard equipment on the 1969 Dart Swinger 340.

But, as well all know, the 69' Dart Swinger 340, with the Automatic and the 'Open' 3.23 Gears was the
car that was 'shipped' to the majority of the Dealerships.

And the (Orange) exterior paint was available with the 'Swinger 340' only.

The 'Automatic' was standard with the Dart GTS.

IMG_0070.jpg

69broch4.jpg

For the 1969 'Swinger 340',

The most popular Paint Codes,
#V2 (Hemi Orange) was a Swinger 340 'only' paint available (Not available on the Dart or Dart GTS cars).
#R4 (Red)
#R6 (Scorch Red)

The 'skinny'. The Swinger 340 cars were factory prepared cars, and attempting to get a 'Special Order Option' was near impossible.

-
Back