Not open for further replies.

68.Dart

67 Dart GT 440
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Mopar Family -

I'm in search of Lower Control Arms for a BB conversion on a 1968 Dart.
I currently have a /6, but am building an HP 440.

I have the K-Frame, Torsion Bars, and Leaf Springs.
If I'm not mistaken, I need them to be from a 73+ A-Body in order for them to work? If you have this item, please PM me with details on how to purchase them from you. I reside in CA.

Thank you.

Art

Hello Mopar Family -

I'm in search of Lower Control Arms for a BB conversion on a 1968 Dart.
I currently have a /6, but am building an HP 440.

I have the K-Frame, Torsion Bars, and Leaf Springs.
If I'm not mistaken, I need them to be from a 73+ A-Body in order for them to work? If you have this item, please PM me with details on how to purchase them from you. I reside in CA.

Thank you.

Art

Lower control arms are the same execpt for sway bar tabs if you have a sway bar. You will need the upper control arms.

ALL A-body lower control arms are functionally the same. If you are converting to later brakes, use the lower ball joint that corresponds to your spindles (almost all were the same except 9" drums).

Or, to put it another way, if you have a set now, they will work.

Thank you all for the information. I'm in search of the GTS Disc Brake set up, if you have them or know where I can acquire them at a reasonable cost, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again for your input.

Ok, no such thing as "GTS disc brakes". Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes were optional on EVERY a-body from 1965 to 1972, except 67 383 cars where they were mandatory and 69 440 cars where they were NOT available.

These were small bolt pattern. If that is what you want check with member hemi71x to see if he has any sets ready to go. If you want to go big bolt there is a set for sale in the classifieds. You should also head over to Fremont next Sunday for the Mopar Alley show and swap at Ohlone College.

Again, I appreciate your input and thank you for the information. I will be attending the car show at Ohlone College.

As for the LOWER CONTROL ARMS VS UPPER... The sway bar does not connect to the upper control arm, it connects to the lower ones. I have a '73 K-Frame which will require the 73+ Lower Control Arms. It took me a minute to think about that.

Nope, the sway bar you choose is what makes the choice of which lower control arms you need or you can just fab up some tabs and weld them on.

IF you are using the factory 73-up sway bar then yes, you'll want 73-up tabbed LCA's. If you are running an aftermarket bar, most come with tabs that attach to the lower shock bolt (but benefit from a tack weld or two). Upper control arms come in two flavors, large and small ball joint. The 73-up disk brake cars used the larger ball joint, everything else used the smaller one. So, if you are converting to 73-up disks, you need the later large ball joint arms, otherwise the originals will work.

I'm trying to use as many OEM parts as possible.
Thank you all for your support. Cudas and Challengers were so much easier to find parts for. The Ohlone College "Mopar Alley" show was fruitful as I found everything I needed including the LCAs, a throttle KD Linkage, dog bowl hub caps, and a lot of people who think their parts are worth a million dollars! One guy had the guts to try and sell the kickdown linkage for 200.00!!!!! I found it for 60. Picked up another k frame for 60.00, and the caps for 30.00. 8 3/4 housing w axles for 250.

Back when Mopars were more commonly found in wrecking yards, people wanted to help you, today everybody feels the need to get rich off of 1 part. If you're not using it, sell it for a fair price!!!!!! If you're so damn broke you need 200.00 for a linkage, keep the damn thing to control your bowel movements! 200. for valve springs, REALLY?!?!?! I bought some 14x5 1/2 steel wheels that are perfect for 200.00!!!!! These I got from a guy near Santa Cruz, who knew he could get more for them, but didn't need them! Damn Chevy n ford lovers turned Mopar parts venders to try n get rich... Get a job n treat people kindly! People buy from people they trust, I do not trust some goone trying to sell a linkage for 200.00! Some hamburger eating, hot dog munching, soda swallowing blabber mouth with a gap so wide in his front teeth with an arrow pointing that reads, "next tooth one mile!" who's one line jokes were so lousy he had people offering him money to STFU! Now THAT was F U N N Y!

A good night to all, and thank you all so much for your input.

Blessings

Again, I appreciate your input and thank you for the information. I will be attending the car show at Ohlone College.

As for the LOWER CONTROL ARMS VS UPPER... The sway bar does not connect to the upper control arm, it connects to the lower ones. I have a '73 K-Frame which will require the 73+ Lower Control Arms. It took me a minute to think about that.

Factory sway bar width is different from 72 back verses 73 up. If you have a 72 back factory sway bar then you need 72 back lower control arms with the tabs. If you have a 73 up sway bar you need 73 - 76 lower control arms with the tabs. You can weld tabs on the ones you have now and not change them. If you buy an aftermarket sway bar then you can use the lower control arms you already have.

The other thing people are telling you is that if you change to the big bolt pattern disc brakes you will need the 73 - 76 a-body upper control arms because the ball joint tapered hole is larger in the big bolt pattern spindles. There is a bushing that can be used but everyone I know just changes over to the 73 - 76 upper control arms because of better parts availabilty at a cheaper price.

When you gather your parts there are many how to threads on the disc brake change over here on FABO.

I'm trying to use as many OEM parts as possible.
Thank you all for your support. Cudas and Challengers were so much easier to find parts for. The Ohlone College "Mopar Alley" show was fruitful as I found everything I needed including the LCAs, a throttle KD Linkage, dog bowl hub caps, and a lot of people who think their parts are worth a million dollars! One guy had the guts to try and sell the kickdown linkage for 200.00!!!!! I found it for 60. Picked up another k frame for 60.00, and the caps for 30.00. 8 3/4 housing w axles for 250.

Back when Mopars were more commonly found in wrecking yards, people wanted to help you, today everybody feels the need to get rich off of 1 part. If you're not using it, sell it for a fair price!!!!!! If you're so damn broke you need 200.00 for a linkage, keep the damn thing to control your bowel movements! 200. for valve springs, REALLY?!?!?! I bought some 14x5 1/2 steel wheels that are perfect for 200.00!!!!! These I got from a guy near Santa Cruz, who knew he could get more for them, but didn't need them! Damn Chevy n ford lovers turned Mopar parts venders to try n get rich... Get a job n treat people kindly! People buy from people they trust, I do not trust some goone trying to sell a linkage for 200.00! Some hamburger eating, hot dog munching, soda swallowing blabber mouth with a gap so wide in his front teeth with an arrow pointing that reads, "next tooth one mile!" who's one line jokes were so lousy he had people offering him money to STFU! Now THAT was F U N N Y!

A good night to all, and thank you all so much for your input.

Blessings

Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back