Lowered Price, Post Deleted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool… so no guidelines for folks to work within?
So do you think reducing the price of a part by two cents would be 100% better than reducing it by 1 cent? Is your last name Petty or Fuzzy?

So do you think reducing the price of a part by two cents would be 100% better than reducing it by 1 cent? Is your last name Petty or Fuzzy?
What I think doesn’t really matter does it? I’m not a mod nor do I own the site. There is clearly some “reasonable” price adjustment that the powers that be have in their heads. All I’m asking for is that to be written down so this doesn’t happen again.

Let's see, you've been a member since May 5, 2014. In that 9 years, have you ever seen the type of crap you are posting? There are members here who are in very good standing with the owner and the mods. I have had some of my posts deleted, but rather than whine about it, I PM one of the mods to see why. Usually I'm in the wrong and take it like a man, once or twice, my post was put back up and I reworded it to meet the guide lines.

Lowering the price is a way to interest potential buyers. This is a good example of why the rule book gets thicker, and the labels advising us "not to drink the battery acid" show up. Common sense goes a long way. An honest mistake to miss the no bumping rule, but after that, the .01 reduction................The OP knew what he /she was doing. Just my opinion......I'm bored :)

Let's see, you've been a member since May 5, 2014. In that 9 years, have you ever seen the type of crap you are posting? There are members here who are in very good standing with the owner and the mods. I have had some of my posts deleted, but rather than whine about it, I PM one of the mods to see why. Usually I'm in the wrong and take it like a man, once or twice, my post was put back up and I reworded it to meet the guide lines.
Well said and explained.

Here's an idea, become a gold member and then bump bump bump away. Within the rules.
I've always kinda wondered about the ones that have no skin in the game (site) are usually the ones that biotch the most and loudest.

I’m literally asking for the guidelines. Just saying something isn’t reasonable without defining what reasonable is doesn’t help.

But there are guidelines, and then common sense. Bumping your ad by a penny reeks of trying to go around the rules to fit your needs. And as someone already pointed out this is a battle you cannot win. Best to just let it go and use it as a learning experience.

This thread has taught me that I need to save and buy a Gold membership

Thanks OP!

What I think doesn’t really matter does it? I’m not a mod nor do I own the site. There is clearly some “reasonable” price adjustment that the powers that be have in their heads. All I’m asking for is that to be written down so this doesn’t happen again.

I’m literally asking for the guidelines. Just saying something isn’t reasonable without defining what reasonable is doesn’t help.
I don't understand....I asked what you think and then you reply with ''What I think doesn't really matter...." and yet you keep asking for the guidelines. Do you still need guidelines on how to act when you go out somewhere? You should have been taught that when you were young. Look at rule #8 in the 'guidelines' for posting in the classifieds. If you're not sure about what to ask, lay down a price and then add 'OBO'. That isn't good enough for you?? If you do not get any offers, reduce the price but man, it's clear to me when someone reduces the price by 1 cent is merely bumping an add or being defiant....which is basically the same, no?

He's going to continue to argue and beleaguer the point because he feels he has been wronged. He will either be banned from the site, of put on "IGNORE" by a bunch of the members. Once that happens, he will whine and cry because of it. There is another member here who has been ignored by a bunch of us because of his whining and crying.

He's going to continue to argue and beleaguer the point because he feels he has been wronged. He will either be banned from the site, of put on "IGNORE" by a bunch of the members. Once that happens, he will whine and cry because of it. There is another member here who has been ignored by a bunch of us because of his whining and crying.
Yup, the horse has been dead for a good while now and looks to me he's going to keep on beating it so imo, this thread needs to be closed in 5 4 3 2 1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back