Lube for door hinges and striker?

-

340wedge

Reaction score
As the title suggests, what type lubricant is everyone using for the door hinges and striker plates?

Tri-flow spray lubricant, it will get in there where the white lithium just sits on the outside and collects dirt.

How is a daub of white lithium ever going to reach the hinge pins!

23B8821A-C026-4BDF-9D3B-B779745CC6DA.png

Lubricate the latch assemblies but would never put anything on the strikers just a good way to get oil or grease on clothing or make a mess. (Lps2)

I put the white lithium on the rollers where the springs contact. 99 percent of the time and binding or noise comes from those rollers. Spray silicon is good is you want to lube the pins.

I used to use white lithium grease till I found out that it gets dry and gummy and cruddy.. I now use all purpose axle grease on the inners of the doors, window regulators, locks and such...

We only recommend dry type lubes for our complete hinge rebuild assemblies. Teflon based.
Oily, greasy lubes just attract dirt and debris. That creates a very abrasive mix which is deadly to any moving part.
Door check rollers eventually freeze up turning them into a saw blade raking across the main pivot spring each time you open/close your door.
Good for my business, not good for your car.

Attachments

• HINGE-INFO-PAINT-LETTER.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 2021-MEMBER-PRICE-SHEET (2).pdf
    75.2 KB · Views: 77
A locksmith shop recommended Tri-flow for lock and things. It has Teflon. They said graphite would gum up after some time and that the tri-flow was better for this reason.
I use it on locks cylinders, door and hood latches & hinges and window regulators, etc. Has been working great for approx 20 years now.

5BEC8C89-FDE6-4901-8999-0129C24F8655.jpeg

C34C190B-B874-4883-8C26-C20B8DFA2C3D.png

I use tri flow, also. Does not gum up, or attract dirt. Penetrates and lasts.

-
Back