Lurkers

-
Being a "old timer" here I used to wear my low post count as a badge of honor, but just like Diarrhea you can only hold it back for so long:tard:

ive been aaround for a while, but i dont have alot to contribute lol. Plus like everyone well seems like everyone, im out of work. Im in the army reserve, and i came back from my 3rd deployment this past feb. I volunteered for that one just because i needed income. Now im back to being unemployed thinking about going bcak for a fourth time. that being said i dont have money to do alot to the scamp. so i just read what everyone else is or isnt doing to their cars daydreaming about the day i can finally drive mine...

Hello. I would qualify. I read way more than I post but I need to learn more before I speak more.

I lurked for a while, started posting just days ago... maybe I'll post more when I get my car(s) done. I doubt y'all want me to post ***** my way to a few thousand :D

I looked at how many quests we have here this morning and we have over 2 hundred quest's and about 150 member's DD, Some of them would be folks just looking to see what the heck I am doing today :toothy10:
I can read and type better know that I have learned how to use a computer

All my friends here have seen the worst and the best of me here 8)
Your post ***** Mike :happy10:

I'm a lurker******However if I find a thread I can contribut to I will.Most posts are pretty well covered
Roscoe:cheers:

I wish I had something interesting to post. Unfortunately my Barracuda has been sitting in the garage since summer with a brand new engine and stuck valves. I can't get the radiator out without messing up the front piece of the engine bay because of the way the shop mounted it. I can't pull the heads because the header flanges are in the way of the head bolts. (I could probably get them off, but there is no way I'd be able to get a torque wrench on the bolts to reinstall them). I don't have any friends that are into cars to help me out, so I'm saving money to have a shop do the work. It's going to cost about $800 - $1000 is what I'm hearing so far, plus whatever it takes to fix the valves and hopefully the pistons weren't damaged when (if???) they smacked the valves. Plus explaining to the wife why I have to spend MORE money on this thing won't be pleasant, so I'm making the money "on the side." Hope to have it running by the end of Feb.

There, now that's out of my system so I'll return to my regularly scheduled lurking:)

Cheers,
Ken

I rarely have anything to contribute, but usually have something (usually non-productive) to say. Maybe some of us SHOULD be lurkers.

That would be me! Been here almost 4 years and have a whopping 36 post, oops make that 37 now maybe I am on a roll. LOL

I'm here pretty much daily, read the front page and move on. If I can contribute to a post and have the time, I will. Other than that work usually keeps me pretty busy from morning till night, weekends too.

Hi Lee!! I mean CudaChick.

Russ.

I dont post to much either, busy working, and in the summer racing. If I do post its usally to bash a guy who posts crap for sale and then leaves, I hate that and I cant stop provoking them. LOL

Low poster here as well. I'll occasionally check the main pages at lunch hour. By the time I see a topic that I can contribute to, it's already handled, usually by someone with way more useful knowledge than me about said topic. I guess I do more reading than posting.

I do feel a tad guilty when I receive the email reminders, "Why haven't you visited FABO lately", "FABO misses you" or something like that,
Lol.

FABO is an excellent site with good group of people.:thumbup:

I'm here pretty much daily, read the front page and move on. If I can contribute to a post and have the time, I will. Other than that work usually keeps me pretty busy from morning till night, weekends too.

Hi Lee!! I mean CudaChick.

Russ.

Hi Russ! Oops I mean Double M. :-D

You really should post more often though ... your vast lifetime experience with transmissions could support its own forum. Besides, it helps me feel like that 2000 miles separating us now isn't all that far when I read you.

With almost six years and thousands of posts to my credit (or discredit lol), the last thing I'd be considered is a lurker. My dad taught me long ago that the last thing any guy wanted was mechanical advice from a chick so I tend to keep that to myself unless it's something I feel I'm really well versed on. I know times have changed and [most of] you guys may not share that view ... and you should know that it's nice not being told to get back in the kitchen where I belong. :-D

Regardless of whether we're daily contributors or occasional viewers, we're all here for the same reason. We love us some A Bodies!!!!

I'm tied up with a couple of Fords right now that pushed the Dart even further onto the back burner - and if we get much snow this year, I may drag my old Scout II in front of her as well! I'm still here, just not as often and not for as long, but the Dart is not going back into the woods. When my wife complains about my working on cars too much, I tell her if she'll make her Honey-dos a little shorter, I'll be able to get that Dart out of the side yard! HAHAHA long term goal!!

Hello out there!!.......
post number 58.......mostly reading and learning, Big Thank You to all FABO members.

But you did pick a job with an oven. J/k ya lol

That'll get some firebricks thrown at you!

I post, but not as much as many members do. Forums will always have more readers than posters, seems normal.

Adamr has been a member since before he was born, and for that matter, since before the internet was born!
Enjoy the show!

-
Back