MA inspection sticker question

-

joe440

Reaction score
I got a 68 dart and don't want to put the side mark lights in, possibly just put the back ones on. Do you think they'll really bust my chops when i go and get a sticker? (if they even know the car had them)

We know that 67s didn't have em and if you haven't got any their and it doesn't look like its supposed to have them?I would say from my experience most people wouldn't know.I find that most people don't realize that 67s had none,68s had round and 69s have the rectangular ones (I taught my boy how to determine a mopar by checking this for a quick reference)Where in MA are you?I grew up in the Westfield/Springfield area.

I doubt most inspection people weren't even born then so how would they know if it came with them or not. Here in VA all external lights has to work. It really threw the inspector for a loop when he said all 4 of the side marker lights were out on a 69 Charger I had. Had to actually show him they were just reflectors!

No you won't have a problem as long as it is not blatantly obvious that the lights were there in the first place. Your car is exempt from pretty much everything except safety inspection. Low/high beams, Horn, Blinkers, brakes, E-brake, neutral safety switch, Suspension and rot. I have lived here all my life.

Small world,I used to work at the Midas shop in West Springfield.I also used to go over the bridge to the Mardi Gras,WOOHOO some great times for sure.

The guy I go to south of Boston with my Barracuda asked me a couple of weeks ago if everything worked and I said yes (and it does) and put the sticker on, but he's seen the car every year since 2000.

Unless the inspector is a mopar guy they won't know or care about side markers or emergency flashers. If you haven't filled the holes it will raise a red flag and you will likely be rejected and everything else will get close scrutiny.

When I used to get my sticker in Mass. all I needed to do was drive into the bay and they checked lights, wipers, body, and VIN to registration (no computer tests) and I always pulled out with a new sticker. Is it still $40 up there?

My guy passed me last year with virtually no exhaust pipe from the muffler back! Haven't had an emergancy brake for years, but each year is different. Needham MA

I call my inspection guy up after supper, run up with a couple of beer, give him $30, a beer, and the kilometers, and I leave with a sticker...

My guy passed me last year with virtually no exhaust pipe from the muffler back! Haven't had an emergancy brake for years, but each year is different. Needham MA

Yeah, they never checked my E- Brake either. I do not miss the excise tax charges up in good old Taxachusetts. I was hesitant to move away but went for it and I'm glad I did. I can drive my Duster all year and no salt or snow on the roads!!!!!!

There should be no problem at all mine are removed front and rear, just the safety check is required. Best of luck and go get em'!!!:cheers:

Is it still $40 up there?

Never has been. When it was twice a year for safety only it was $15 and when the went to once a year including emissions it went to $29, so you saved a buck. Just got mine last Saturday on the Barracuda.

Never has been. When it was twice a year for safety only it was $15 and when the went to once a year including emissions it went to $29, so you saved a buck. Just got mine last Saturday on the Barracuda.

Sorry my bad. You are right. I had heard that it was going up to $40.00 due to Deval's wonderful tax and cheat administration up there. 8)

Oh it may very well, just had to renew the registration on my Dakota it was up to $50. They used to give a discount if you did your registry transactions on line but stopped that and are now talking about charging a premium to do them on line. This really sucks because they closed about 1/2 the registry offices in the state and in one fell swoop they went back 20 years to 2-3 hour lines and then have the balls to charge you more to do it on line.

-
Back