Mack cruise liner

-
I think the farmers took over the COE's. They're either doing farm duty, or have their engines converted over to running irrigation pumps. This accounts for them in Mid west Mo.

Been quite a while since I've built a model kit. Enjoy seeing what others build though

Haha! I like your model building prowess. I never had the long suffering.

I can give you a tip about making realistic rust. I don't know how ratty you wanna go with this.....maybe you can save it and use it on something else. I use this in the model railroad world.

I've been thinking about trying that it won't be on this one tho. I plan on just normal ware . Maybe 5 to 10 years worth . but I have a 50 chevy truck still in my stash. I may try that. Because all the rust I do is with a brush . I'm always open to new technology lol thanks for the compliment ☺

Does anyone know what happened to all the COE big rigs? back in the seventies they were all over the highways. Now? I haven’t seen one in decades.
most went to south america and africa,...and any other 3rd world country with a shipping port....

most went to south america and africa,...and any other 3rd world country with a shipping port....
That would explain what happened to the older used ones, but when did they stop making them, and why? The comment about the driver being the first one to the scene of the accident is something I actually heard my Scout Master say about them in the seventies, though his comment wasn't as cleverly worded. Was that the reason or was there something else?

That would explain what happened to the older used ones, but when did they stop making them, and why? The comment about the driver being the first one to the scene of the accident is something I actually heard my Scout Master say about them in the seventies, though his comment wasn't as cleverly worded. Was that the reason or was there something else?
it was about east cost states 55 ft over all length laws from 60s and 70s and that started changing in late 80s going from 42 ft to 45 ft trailers to 48, then 53 ft by early 90s then the federal laws took over and 75 ft over all length was allowed and every body went to long nose trucks with walk in sleepers... cabovers hard to enter and exit, harder to work on,..jack cab over and tv set or 6 pack of drinks or what ever smash threw windshield,..newer trucks are very hard to work on with motors almost back under cabs and air flamings and all,...ant got no life, plastic junk!! and the emissions requirements are crippling the trucking industry, new 200,000 dollar trucks spending month or 2 in shop every other couple months to fix check engine lights,...or exhaust regeneration unit catches on fire and burns truck to ground.....trump was gonna ease government laws restricting small business trucking company's but that went out window with them mail in ballots.....

Progress on the cab over I found the paint I wanted (black) for the frame now I have to find out what I want the body.

20221129_185633.jpg

Well after the easy gto build its time to get back to it. I got the hubs and engine in paint and built and got all the tires scuffed up

20221220_225531.jpg

20221220_225533.jpg

20221220_225537.jpg

20221220_225539.jpg

20221220_225546.jpg

20221220_225549.jpg

20221220_225647.jpg

I've been working on the fame I'm about 1/2 way on it . I also had to swap the rears around I had the front in the back

20221222_220342.jpg

20221223_003533.jpg

20221223_003913.jpg

Looking good, don't forget the desel stains on the tanks

I have started the tanks Mike lol one more coat of aluminum. Then I will dirty them merry Christmas my friends

20221224_213024.jpg

every mack ive ever seen had pale green or light tan interior... is brown what instructions suggest?
It's the the best color I had. Tan was my 1st color. But I opened the jar to a solid lump lol so bro got his interior done after he bought it . Good thing about modeling any thing can be what every you want it to be .

-
Back