Mack cruise liner

-
Lookin good Asa! Merry Christmas!

Been working on a bunch of little **** . I did play with the panel line alittle I'm waiting on my brown wash to come in to start on the cab. Gotta make the top match the bottom. It's not going to be.a rusty hulk bit a dirty working mutt lol

20230102_223520.jpg

20230102_223526.jpg

20230102_223531.jpg

20230102_224001.jpg

I didn't get much done tonight I got the engine mounted for the last time the one tank and the 5th wheel mounted started the exhaust paint. I did get my bits mounted where I can get to them. This kit has fought me every step of the way. I don't recommend if your new to the hobby.

20230104_012014.jpg

20230104_012037.jpg

20230104_012232.jpg

Does that AMT Mack kit have part numbers or just assembly sequence?
Just the sequence. It's a pain in the butt. Having to go back to the other side of the instructions to see where your parts are. I can build cars with out instructions. Big rigs I cannot lol

These old AMT kits are like that i guess, i'm doing the White Freightliner DD/SD kit, man it is a pain, lots of sprus, and two sets of instructions, two different frames one for the single drive axle day cab and the other for the sleeper version, the one with the dreaded seam line across the whole cab that attaches the sleeper. the cab.
Yours is looking great.

These old AMT kits are like that i guess, i'm doing the White Freightliner DD/SD kit, man it is a pain, lots of sprus, and two sets of instructions, two different frames one for the single drive axle day cab and the other for the sleeper version, the one with the dreaded seam line across the whole cab that attaches the sleeper. the cab.
Yours is looking great.
Thanks post up some pics brother. This one only had a few extra options thankfully lol

I spent tonight throwing dust dirt and mud at it. Now it doesn't look rusty just dirty an used. That's what I wanted.

20230105_024152.jpg

20230105_024148.jpg

no cummins,..thats a maxidyne,...mack engine! means truck will have a gold dog,...a cummins, detroit,cat or any other brand trans or rears would get a chrome dog....
That's right I forgot. Mack has everything all its own brand.

had,.there owned by volvo now, both head offices side by side in greensboro nc
I knew they DID use all their own proprietary stuff but had forgotten. I have a friend and that's all he has is older (1980s) Macks.

I knew they DID use all their own proprietary stuff but had forgotten. I have a friend and that's all he has is older (1980s) Macks.
always likes macks till i drove a few,...if it dont have a PACCAR finance decal in the door jam well,...its a step back in class!! kenworth,..the worlds best,...peterbilt,..class pays!!!

have a cusion that had macks from 1940s threw 1980s, tried to buy the first truck my dad ever drove a 54 LJ with a B model cab when he sold them all to the crusher,..damn fool said i didnt need it and wouldnt sale it to me, use to play driiivaa in it erry time me and dad would stop by and he always said it was mine when i was big nuff to come get it,..still pissed at him over that ol truck!!

X_MetY-&tn=d8Bqh3NPzxYLrR2p&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Dang Asa, you keep this up you might get good at it one day. LOL Lookin good, bud.

I talked to Karl last night. He's back in the hospital, but we talked about you some.......it was actually good. LOL

Dang Asa, you keep this up you might get good at it one day. LOL Lookin good, bud.

I talked to Karl last night. He's back in the hospital, but we talked about you some.......it was actually good. LOL
Thanks I may get the hang of it.lol I gotta find my old phone and get his number I ain't talked to him in almost a year. I miss my little fat buddy lol is he OK?

Thanks I may get the hang of it.lol I gotta find my old phone and get his number I ain't talked to him in almost a year. I miss my little fat buddy lol is he OK?
No. He's been in and out several times in the last few months. They cannot find why he's having trouble breathing.

Details Details Details. I didn't do exactly what the box art told me to do I had to modify it to what I think looks better. I've also changed a few other things as well . I can't do nothing stock lol

20230109_010737.jpg

20230109_010743.jpg

20230109_010752.jpg

-
Back