Made a Cam-Lamp

-
Or instead of chroming, you could just define the cam. As in, polish the crap out of the lobes and paint the rough cast a color of choice. Just a thought. There may be some compromising with the wife yet LOL

Or instead of chroming, you could just define the cam. As in, polish the crap out of the lobes and paint the rough cast a color of choice. Just a thought. There may be some compromising with the wife yet LOL

That was kind of what my imagination said when I first saw it ... polished lobes and a gun metal gray texture everywhere else on the cam to accent the shade, maybe Super Chrome on the gear base to draw your eye downward and tie in with the polishing, and then a coat of clear to keep the bare lobes from rusting.

Oh man, look out. To hell with the hot rods. I'm gonna go into interior decorating now. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope these show more clearly what I did. Since it was scrap I hammered on the gear to get it off and it and the retainer plate both fell to the floor and cracked. That is why I welded it together.

Attachments

• lamp3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 83
  • lamp4.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 95
  • lamp5.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 86
  • lamp6.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 71
I like your way of thinking Tom :cheers:8)8)
I may have to build one and put my old /6 breather on it for a lamp shade =P~

Like this? Not something id want to move very often tho lol check the empty cylinders used to hold wine bottles. I may try this once the slicks get old....

How cool is that? Nice table and lamp.

Here's one for you. I took the quarter panel off a 58 Plymouth Savoy heading for the scrap yard. Spent countless hours re-radiusing the wheel opening to eliminate rust. Then long boarded it till the cows came home. Removed the two stock taillights and replaced them with 59 Cadillac Bullet Taillights, wired with candleabra bulbs, 110Volt, connected to a toggle switch behind the gas door that turns on my 6 foot long night light.

Heading for the paint booth soon.

God, I have no life. (and also, no wife, which is why I can do this sh**. Good ridance, kids already know I'm crazy, so nothing to lose)

Will post pics in a couple of weeks.

Put it in my man cave? No way. It's heading to the bedroom wall!

I definatley want to see that as well old mopars...

What about straight 8 cams for the spindles in your stairs railings?

"I've heard about living in a car, but this is rediculus."

We'll see what happens next, might have a necessity for something and just happen to have autoscrap lying around.

-
Back