mag. which rocker arm assys to get?

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
New EQ bare heads (EEQAW in las vegas). The local dealer will sell me the individual sets (2 rockers/2 bolts/2 pivots/1guide) for $11.04 (X eight). I'm worried that this stuff might go NS1 if I dont jump on it right now but I am also wondering if going with the chebby screw in studs/rocker etc setup would be a better way to go. I have these MP ones on a current mag head setup & the wipe pattern dont seem quite right but I ain't sure on that. high rpm circle track app. Your thoughts please/ which way should i go? Thank you for your time.

How big a cam/ stiff a valvespring do you need, to get the job done? I went .520 Howards hyd roller / 1110 Hughes drop in valve springs on mine( installed 100/ 300-320 @.500 lift. Stock stuff, works pretty good, Harland Sharp non adjustables are nice .( If you decide to go adjustable, here's some advice ...) I ended up with a Crane conversion/ Comp rockers/ needed a custom pushrod ( witch I would do regardless..). Still had to trim the rockers, to clear the Crane studs ( on mine anyway..) I would check out the Hughes Engines rocker / stud combo kit ( part no. 1550). They run a lower profile screw in stud and rocker combo. If running a solid flat tappet , I would go for a bigger screw in stud conversion. Remember, that's a stock 5/16" diameter stud, it has its psi limits. Hope this helps some.

I Run Crane Gold 1.6s ,guides and studs with a comp extreme 268 solid stick,Bearing had a good contact tip across the centre of the valve tip.

not sure yet on the cam/springs but it'll be pretty radical since it is a high RPM eng with 6.14 gears. Non roller rockers required

not sure yet on the cam/springs but it'll be pretty radical since it is a high RPM eng with 6.14 gears. Non roller rockers required
Where did you find a gear that low? I am currently looking for one.

-
Back