Magnum slug weight vs...

-
R-73 is a lightweight tool steel pin, supposedly weighing 107 grams, according to the spec sheet.
I was thinking about asking IMM if they would sell me all the parts as a package, and how much that would cost, for the pistons, rings, and pins to make this work. Since I have to postpone my project, I never called them because I don't want to bother them before I am ready.
He did clarify in the previous posts that the piston weight alone is not what makes it work. It's the whole package of parts.

even with the R73 pin, the ic741 combo is 637g w/o rings. Magnum is 604g w/o rings.

With rings the mag package is 643g.

Unless the ic ring package is around 6 grams i dont see how this is a no balance required setup.

These magazine builds crack me up. You can do this yourself. Blah blah blah. I wanted to build this engine and then you start digging and you start finding all of the important info they left out. Special pins, lighter rings, Lots of head milling, etc. If you were to just unknowingly follow the build you would at best not get the same results and at worst, blow up your engine. But it makes for good advertising. Sorry for the rant. Ramm has a nice Magnum build here with great numbers. I started on the block but will probably change the cam slightly to suit my overall package also using EQ small valve heads and the Hughes springs.

360 TrueStreet Magnum Build

Just to be clear, they never said that was the pin they used. The R-73 is just what we are seeing. Maybe just have yours balanced.

-
Back