Making things difficult...

-
This is thread is tooo funny, only cause It hits so close to home,....My wife likes to shop om her days off,.... Thats cool till she asks, nay suggest's that I go,...Now she knows I abso-friggin-lutely hate traffic , malls, and most people,....especially in daylight hours when I could be doin somethin productive like tlc on the house or cars,......

Bottom line,...I gets to go shopping with her 2 or 3 days a year,..She knows when I'm about to blow a gasket and calls It quits,....Still, those are days I will never get back.

You gotta learn to have fun with it. Try giving the answers that will stop making her ask in the first place! I've found that (I think) my wife asks me questions like this, just so she can say "no, that's not a good choice.....we should buy (her selection)" and then explain why.

I've pretty much perfected my "sure, whatever, honey" face.......which is like......"whoa, chick....haw haw....you think I actually care?!"

MrSpicoli.jpg

...and some things we just have to learn to live with because they're never going to change.
Couple of cases in point:
* I continue to get the question of, "What would you like for dinner tonight?" First off, what I'd really like may be something she doesn't like so I know better than to answer truthfully. Second, I don't know what the food inventory consists of. Doesn't do much good to say, "How about fried chicken?" if there's no chicken in the house. Just give me a couple of options to choose from and it's a done deal.
* I do most of the grocery shopping - we both agree I'm better at it and spend less money. We both like to cook but I'm more "adventurous" about trying new things and like foods a bit spicier than she does. But I also know she has some favorite items that you just don't sub out for different brands. Sometimes she'll also just need a certain amount of an item for baking, etc. So I go to the store before we do our Christmas baking with a list of things she needs for what we're going to do...trouble is the list isn't specific. Example: I'm a guy and "flour" just isn't enough information when there's several different brands, multiple types of flour, and packages of different amounts. There may have been 15 items on her shopping list that day and it meant at least 6 calls back home for specific details before I was done. Thank God for cell phones!

I do the shopping too.but when i ask what do you want or dinner she says i don't care....drives me nuts...

* I continue to get the question of, "What would you like for dinner tonight?" First off, what I'd really like may be something she doesn't like so I know better than to answer truthfully. Second, I don't know what the food inventory consists of. Doesn't do much good to say, "How about fried chicken?" if there's no chicken in the house. Just give me a couple of options to choose from and it's a done deal.

I do the shopping too.but when i ask what do you want or dinner she says i don't care....drives me nuts...

LMAO, I'm glad we aren't the only ones.

This is a hoot!

-
Back