mancini tube upper control arm failure....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
aren't these made by CAP??

broke right at the bad weld. damn shame. was a nice car.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard06.jpg

Clipboard07.jpg

Clipboard08.jpg

Who's paying for that one?

I'm guessing he launched it, it landed , broke and he hit the wall?

that sucks! i hope everyone was ok? its sad to see such a nice car get wrecked.

dude was dust driving at 45mph.

hey guy have any of you used these upper control arm? my friend bought a set in dec/08 for his 68 road runner 440/4speed and was driving the yesterday going 45mph when the car started to pull left all of a sudden the car took a hard left jumped the curb and hit a tree. when we got the car over to the shop BOTH uca broke by the welds!!!let me know .calling the ins on monday dont know how to tossmoneypost a picture or i would. dennis

That,s a shame,nice car.I was wondering what else happened?Then read about the tree.Hope it works out for the guy.

Yeah, these guys that build these tubular componets claiming lighter and stronger than factory. Maybe lighter but stronger? I wonder what prompted that weld to break, huge wheelie, high speed curb smash? If it were normal driving, I`d be livid. Manufacture should incur all cost to repair.

That's just sad.
The value of OEM upper arms just went waaaaaay up in my opinion.

not much tire & wheel on the front of that car. i'm really suprised that those skinny frt wheels can hold up a 3500 lb. car with a big block on the street. i guess it just comes down to if there is a disclaimer on the control arms. those wheels look cool & all, but i have seen my share of accidents with this set-up. how about the sway bar used in con-junction with the skinnys up front. i bet this thing handle like its on rails.

as you can see in the pic,the weld broke,,was probably a cold weld,, i have knowledge of the building of these upper A arms,, but it is not for me to tell,,i met the maker before he started advertising these,,,

i have tublar upper A arms in my barracuda,,for almost 10 years, no problems,,but they are welded properly,,,and do not use street rod 4 bar ends,, when i seen those in real fro the first time,,with adjustable 4 bar street rod ends,,i was glad i had the type upper A arms that i have,,

many cars street rods etc have tublar upper A arms,,with no problems,,they are built by people that have knowledge of different metals and there strengths,,before and after welded on,,

i hope the people in that car are ok,,,and that he can fin dthe parts to fix it ,,

I think if I was Mancini I would get my name removed from the product. Quality control seems to be lacking for such an important front end component.

That is very scary and I am now thinking I should call Mancini to notify them of the issues with the kframe. I purchased mine directly from Cap but I would hate for something terrible to happen knowing I could have stopped it. I almost crashed and burned when that Cap kframe broke on me. I had no idea the uppers were breaking as well. Mancini probably has no idea there are major safety issues. Scary stuff.

ouch!! i don't use cap products but now i'm goin gusset my uppers when i rebuild frontend. hope everybody was ok, looks like a hard hit.
drums on the front of that car???? yikes

Yeah, these guys that build these tubular componets claiming lighter and stronger than factory. Maybe lighter but stronger? I wonder what prompted that weld to break, huge wheelie, high speed curb smash? If it were normal driving, I`d be livid. Manufacture should incur all cost to repair.

there is nothing wrong with tube upper arms. look at that picture. it broke at the weld. the only way that weld would break the way it did was if it was a bad weld to start with.

I agree, likely a bad weld. I'd probably buy the magnumforce ones myself. I keep having the ball joints back themselves out of the threads on the OEM ones...but its still doesn't cause you to wreck the car.

That is very scary and I am now thinking I should call Mancini to notify them of the issues with the kframe. I purchased mine directly from Cap but I would hate for something terrible to happen knowing I could have stopped it. I almost crashed and burned when that Cap kframe broke on me. I had no idea the uppers were breaking as well. Mancini probably has no idea there are major safety issues. Scary stuff.

I think you should say something to as many people as you can. The next guy may not be lucky enough to just have a smacked up car. Imagine that happening going through the traps at over 100 mph. Or on the highway doing 60-70 mph. Any one of our family members could be next to the next failure. Not good man. One poor weld can affect a lot more then just the car it's bolted to

I just purchased my complete front end with rack & pinion steering from CAP. I hope that my welds are good. I wonder if I should have them inspected buy someone who knows a good weld from a bad weld????

I just purchased my complete front end with rack & pinion steering from CAP. I hope that my welds are good. I wonder if I should have them inspected buy someone who knows a good weld from a bad weld????

I would send it all back and buy from a company that has a proven track record. If you don't want to do that then yes take them to a welder and have it looked over.

Chuck
Mancini distributes Cap products. I bought my Kframe directly from Cap but noticed it for a better price on Mancini after the fact.

Geez! Is Mancini aware of all of the crap going on with CAP? Man! What's Ray going to say now? "He shouldn't have been drag racing"? "He shouldn't have powdercoated the A-Arm"? Air Bags?, Driving too hard?

-
Back