Manual reverse valve body setup

-

MattyP

Reaction score
Anybody have a tutorial on how to convert a regular valve body to manual reverse? I tried the search function

you want to convert your stock valve body to a reverse manual valve body?
I think the Trans go TF 3 kit can make it manual...but it is not going to be a reverse manual....

you will need to buy a valve body modified by TA...TCI...CRT and etc....

Somewhere, sometime, someone DID this. I actually tried to research it once. Closest I got was a part number for an old Chrysler performance separator plate that has not existed as such for years.

correct not existed for decades.......probably the 60s before TA came out with the Cheetah Valve bodies.

if you search ebay.....with mopar valve body....you will find some plates....says for 727....

Is a reverse manual VB worth much? I've got one in a 727, and a LBA version on the shelf to go in as a replacement. Wondering if it's worth the time to swap it out, I think there are some mods required to go with the LBA unit so it's not as easy as just swapping the VBs.

I have two TA cheetah vb in use both are non lba. The only thing I had to do was put a bloecking rod in the accumulator.

I have two TA cheetah vb in use both are non lba. The only thing I had to do was put a bloecking rod in the accumulator.
Unsure if you were talking to me but I looked at the instructions for my LBA VB (Coan) and there are some changes needed for the 2nd band servo and the clutch clearance has a certain spec. To check that the whole thing gets to come apart so it's probably not worth changing until I'm ready for it.

Never took a trans apart to put a manual valve body in it..
But what ever

-
Back