Master cylinder options?

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So I've swapped my car over to a 5.7 Hemi and T56 6 speed and am having an issue with my master cylinder. The slave cylinder I put in for the clutch is close enough to the brake master that the lines out of the brake master just slightly rub on the clutch master. I can't bend them any sooner to get them out of the way, so I'm wondering if they make any other master cylinders with different port locations. I have a 4 bolt master with front disk brakes and rear drums. I'd really like to keep the 4 bolt style as I don't want to bother with getting an adapter and longer push rod and I already have limited clearance to the engine, so I'd like to keep it tucked as close to the firewall as I can. They are also manual brakes with no booster if that makes a difference. Did Mopar make one with the fittings on the inboard side of the master as opposed to the outboard?

I thought and thought about it, but without a picture, all I came up with was to flip the brake master upside down.Of course that's ridiculous! But I'm usually a problem solver, so I'll think on it some more.

I thought and thought about it, but without a picture, all I came up with was to flip the brake master upside down.Of course that's ridiculous! But I'm usually a problem solver, so I'll think on it some more.

LOL! That's a good one. I suppose another alternative would be something with a smaller diameter body that would pull the ports closer to the centerline of the master cylinder. That would give me a little more room to get the lines bent in time to go over the clutch master.

I was initially thinking maybe RHD cars had the master cylinder fittings on the other side, but there's really no reason they'd have to. My big issue is probably that I'm limiting myself to the 4 bolt pattern, but I'd really rather not swap to a 2 bolt if I can get around it.

LOL! That's a good one. I suppose another alternative would be something with a smaller diameter body that would pull the ports closer to the centerline of the master cylinder. That would give me a little more room to get the lines bent in time to go over the clutch master.

I was initially thinking maybe RHD cars had the master cylinder fittings on the other side, but there's really no reason they'd have to. My big issue is probably that I'm limiting myself to the 4 bolt pattern, but I'd really rather not swap to a 2 bolt if I can get around it.

Many of the Big Block B body cars had the line outlets on the engine side. And I know this because my 383 4spd RR was that way. I have an extra master cyl from that build left over. I will PM you.

I've seen 90*fittings on some rods. Ima guessing they changed the threading to accommodate that and put the tube seat at the bottom of the 90*. The 90s were a very tight fit to the M/C.

I've seen 90*fittings on there. Ima guessing they changed the threading to accomodate that and put the tube seat at the bottom of the 90*. The 90s were a very tight fit to the M/C.

Nope. They actually had the inverted line threads cut into the engine side of the cylinder bore. I got one here, rebuilt in a box for him. I PM'd him , so I can send him pics.

-
Back