maxjax tilt and/or autolift

-
have no personal experience as such, but looking at pics you posted, i think that anything you run with a drill would not be a great deal. why, because think of it this way. the old trans jack with the screw to raise it would take a while to lift. then you are in a hurry so you put air impact on it. if not greased and kept clean i see a chance of it stripping threads if car is over center and trying to raise it. just my opinion.

lift points on our cars is not the side seam, I would be very carefull.

neat idea

have no personal experience as such, but looking at pics you posted, i think that anything you run with a drill would not be a great deal. why, because think of it this way. the old trans jack with the screw to raise it would take a while to lift. then you are in a hurry so you put air impact on it. if not greased and kept clean i see a chance of it stripping threads if car is over center and trying to raise it. just my opinion.
they say never use an impact -- how many different types of screw jacks are out there -- we use different sizes of screw lift tables all powered by a 12 volt battery key is gear reduction

I have the MaxJax standard package, been using it for 6 years now, have nothing but good things to say about it. Like you, I began to find it harder to get under the car on a creeper or kneel on the concrete to work on things. I looked at a few different styles, my brother has a 4 post drive on hoist in his garage, but I found it took too much space, and is still limited by ceiling height. My garage has a 10 foot ceiling, and that allows me to lift my Bronco high enough with the extensions and 4x4 wood blocks to use my trans jack without any difficulty. My initial thought was that it would allow my to do wheel service, brakes, axles, etc at standing height, the unit lifts about 4 feet with the basic lift pads, and I have a rolling stool for getting underneath, have to watch I don't whack my head on low hanging areas lol. I also like that it is easily moved when I have needed more floor space. My garage is 24 X 30 ft, and I have squeezed 4 vehicles in during the winter months for 4 of the last 5 years, 2 in storage and 2 daily drivers, but have decided that I don't want to do that anymore, I have acquired too much other stuff, tools and spare engines to name a few. For the money I don't think there was a better option for me at the time and I have never regretted buying it. Hope my ramble helps you in making a decision.

I have the MaxJax standard package, been using it for 6 years now, have nothing but good things to say about it. Like you, I began to find it harder to get under the car on a creeper or kneel on the concrete to work on things. I looked at a few different styles, my brother has a 4 post drive on hoist in his garage, but I found it took too much space, and is still limited by ceiling height. My garage has a 10 foot ceiling, and that allows me to lift my Bronco high enough with the extensions and 4x4 wood blocks to use my trans jack without any difficulty. My initial thought was that it would allow my to do wheel service, brakes, axles, etc at standing height, the unit lifts about 4 feet with the basic lift pads, and I have a rolling stool for getting underneath, have to watch I don't whack my head on low hanging areas lol. I also like that it is easily moved when I have needed more floor space. My garage is 24 X 30 ft, and I have squeezed 4 vehicles in during the winter months for 4 of the last 5 years, 2 in storage and 2 daily drivers, but have decided that I don't want to do that anymore, I have acquired too much other stuff, tools and spare engines to name a few. For the money I don't think there was a better option for me at the time and I have never regretted buying it. Hope my ramble helps you in making a decision.
Thanks this is probably what I'll go with maybe both I like the other one because you can use it anywhere My floor is not that most level but I could cut out a section and use a pillar tube and set them level for cement

None of the above for me. The portable scissor lift would be my next option. I have a 4 post and have been tossing around the idea of a second one.
The scissor lift is better than the ones above on so many levels except one-transmission r&r.

but a good set of cribs under the wheels and slide the jack out.

-
Back