Maybe an other head producer in the game.

-
Always encouraging to see the promise of more options opening to our “borderline niche market.” It would be good to see some rocker stand improvements engineered directly into the heads to help overcome issues that are commonplace with aftermarket rockers that require the B3 relocation kit to correct. Not that the B3 kits wouldn’t still be beneficial, but I would think that the rocker stands could be better than PSA hats currently produced when using budget rockers. Something like TFS did on the 190s, but without having to buy the Harland Sharp rockers specific to those castings.

Last edited:
I’m personally wanting to see someone develop a “tunnel port” small block head and intake, where the opposite side of the the pushrod pinch is another port feeding to a common valve bowl with the pushrod tube configured as a wing with the leading edge facing the manifold flange, and the outside walls of the ports tapering directly to the valve bowls. Instead of having to move the pushrod, just design a port around the $&%! thing. There’s of room to do it in the available space with a new casting.

I’m personally wanting to see someone develop a “tunnel port” small block head and intake, where the opposite side of the the pushrod pinch is another port feeding to a common valve bowl with the pushrod tube configured as a wing with the leading edge facing the manifold flange, and the outside walls of the ports tapering directly to the valve bowls. Instead of having to move the pushrod, just design a port around the $&%! thing. There’s of room to do it in the available space with a new casting.
Do like Ford and put the pushrod tube right through the center of the intake port.
TUNNEL PORT.jpg

Yeah, that’s some of the inspiration for what I was mentioning. Just imagine the tube being a wing with a leading and trailing edge and something like a W5 port on each side leading to a mammoth intake valve.

Yeah, that’s some of the inspiration for what I was mentioning. Just imagine the tube being a wing with a leading and trailing edge and something like a W5 port on each side leading to a mammoth intake valve.
Interesting design concept but did they work that well (over the top) You would think if they were that exceptional everybody would have used the design. And still would be used today.

You mean like Pontiac did with Ram Air V heads? Yeah.

RAM AIR V.jpg

Interesting design concept but did they work that well (over the top) You would think if they were that exceptional everybody would have used the design. And still would be used today.
Stuff like that falls into the catagory with Mickey Thompson's three piece articulated pushrods for his Hemi headed Ford 427. Check it out. Scroll down a little and you'll see um. Interesting stuff.

Mickey Thompson Ford 427

Yeah, you wouldn’t need anything quite W5 size on each side, unless you were like Bob Glidden and feeding a 2.19 or larger intake valve. Something in conventional port size on each side would certainly keep up with any other head out there. If it needs done anywhere, it’s on the big block stuff…

What would really be of benefit is a reasonably priced block capable of taking more punishment than production blocks .
Something like a modern day x or R block.
We already have bolt on heads that take production style headers intakes and rocker gear that support very close to 700 horsepower
Past that, a quality block would be a welcome addition

What would really be of benefit is a reasonably priced block capable of taking more punishment than production blocks .
Something like a modern day x or R block.
We already have bolt on heads that take production style headers intakes and rocker gear that support very close to 700 horsepower
Past that, a quality block would be a welcome addition

You can get that. It’s a Ritter block.

Last edited:
I mentioned “ reasonably” priced. They still have warts, and are expensive. One would be lucky to buy one have it machined and not have over 5k in it, that’s expensive.
something like this, for example

Speedmaster PCE286.1010 Speedmaster Bare Blocks | Summit Racing

You’re kidding right? First of all, comparing a REPLACEMENT Chinese block to a RACE US made block is senseless. Not even close.

You mentioned warts with a Ritter block. How many Bow Tie, Dart, World, INDY or MP blocks have you machined? You personally. Where you uncrated the block, did all the measuring and then machined it?

I can answer that very easily. The answer is none. You’ve never done it. I doubt you’ve seen much of it done.

There isn’t an aftermarket block out there at any price that doesn’t require almost every surface to be measured and machined.

You can call Dart and order a 2800 dollar block, but if you ask they will tell you it’s not a race block. They are replacement blocks. Not even the same materiel as the race blocks. You’ll pay Dart the same money or damn close to it for a race SBC block as you pay for a Ritter. And it takes all the same machine work as a Ritter block.

Its time to stop pissing on the people who actually make race parts for the snooty, arrogant chrysler market who bash them at every turn with zero facts or knowledge.

You’re kidding right? First of all, comparing a REPLACEMENT Chinese block to a RACE US made block is senseless. Not even close.

You mentioned warts with a Ritter block. How many Bow Tie, Dart, World, INDY or MP blocks have you machined? You personally. Where you uncrated the block, did all the measuring and then machined it?

I can answer that very easily. The answer is none. You’ve never done it. I doubt you’ve seen much of it done.

There isn’t an aftermarket block out there at any price that doesn’t require almost every surface to be measured and machined.

You can call Dart and order a 2800 dollar block, but if you ask they will tell you it’s not a race block. They are replacement blocks. Not even the same materiel as the race blocks. You’ll pay Dart the same money or damn close to it for a race SBC block as you pay for a Ritter. And it takes all the same machine work as a Ritter block.

It’s hotime to stop pissing on the people who actually make race parts for the snooty, arrogant chrysler market who bash them at every turn with zero facts or knowledge.

Who badmouthed anybody. And yes, the Ritter blocks have had way more issues than most typical aftermarket blocks. If you aren’t aware of that, I won’t waste my breath telling you. Plenty of guys with horror stories with things they have run into, far from the norm.
And they are expensive. Fact. Probably 5% if that of Mopar small block racers buy stuff like that, even with few other options. So there is a niche for Mopar versions of blocks like I posted. 4 bolt mains, able to go out to 4.185, etc, etc
That 1500 dollar Chinese block has been used in 1500 horse applications, Chinese or not. There are zero options remotely like that for LA stuff

It’s hotime to stop pissing on the people who actually make race parts for the snooty, arrogant chrysler market who bash them at every turn with zero facts or knowledge.

Who badmouthed anybody. And yes, the Ritter blocks have had way more issues than typical aftermarket blocks. If you aren’t aware of that, I won’t waste my breath telling you. Plenty of guys with horror stories with things they have run into, far from the norm.
And they are expensive. Fact. Probably 5% if that of Mopar small block racers buy stuff like that, even with few other options. So there is a niche for Mopar versions of blocks like I posted. 4 bolt mains, able to go out to 4.185, etc, etc
That 1500 dollar Chinese block has been used in 1500 horse applications, Chinese or not

Who badmouthed anybody. And yes, the Ritter blocks have had way more issues than most typical aftermarket blocks. If you aren’t aware of that, I won’t waste my breath telling you. Plenty of guys with horror stories with things they have run into, far from the norm.
That 1500 dollar Chinese block has been used in 1500 horse applications, Chinese or not. There are zero options remotely like that for LA stuff
These blocks are bonafide. But of course, they're Ford. lol

You mean like Pontiac did with Ram Air V heads? Yeah.

View attachment 1716181714
Love me some Pontiwreck Ram heads! I raced a 68 Firebird for years. Had to fabricate my own headers and went with the three pipe design due to the constant battles with sealing on inner two ports being so close. I can’t tell you how many times I heard “ man dude that is the fastest Vsix I have ever seen” They would see the three pipe header and totally miss spark plug wire count or the fact the center tube was much larger than outsides. Morons!
Fun car.

Love me some Pontiwreck Ram heads! I raced a 68 Firebird for years. Had to fabricate my own headers and went with the three pipe design due to the constant battles with sealing on inner two ports being so close. I can’t tell you how many times I heard “ man dude that is the fastest Vsix I have ever seen” They would see the three pipe header and totally miss spark plug wire count or the fact the center tube was much larger than outsides. Morons!
Fun car.
Not to mention the fact it sounded nothing like a V6. lol

:rofl:

So you’ve machined and built several Dart blocks, some world Stuff and what? Several Ritters so you have something to compare it to, or are you repeating what you’ve heard?

You aren’t a machinist are you?

Always encouraging to see the promise of more options opening to our “borderline niche market.” It would be good to see some rocker stand improvements engineered directly into the heads to help overcome issues that are commonplace with aftermarket rockers that require the B3 relocation kit to correct. Not that the B3 kits wouldn’t still be beneficial, but I would think that the rocker stands could be better than PSA hats currently produced when using budget rockers. Something like TFS did on the 190s, but without having to buy the Harland Sharp rockers specific to those castings.

It's not 100% the rocker stands. Many geo issues can be resolved with +.100 valves. This goes for stock heads too. The B3 kits help get around this issue. Great company to work with.

I talked to the engineer that was involved on the Ritter block project sometime after 2014 when I bought my 74 heads up duster. We were at Keystone when I was introduced to him during the after hours when we were sipping on a few adult beverages. At the time I didn’t have my R3 block but I did have my Keith Black block. I was telling him about the car and my plans and I told him I would have loved to build a nitrous small block as the car was set up for one. I then went on to say I would have bought a Ritter blade Cj but they were having so many issues. That’s when he told me he was Ken’s engineer and he helped develop that project. He said their biggest mistake was backing the wrong horse for testing. He went on to say that this “horse” bad mouthed every little issue with the block on the internet and really set the program back. He offered to get me a price for a block and gave me his number. Being on a limited budget and having so many big block parts it was a road I couldn’t travel. If I was 50-55 years old I would be making that call but I’m to old for that game. Like always please excuse any bad spelling as I rarely reread my posts till later.

-
Back