Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I know it's not all about the BBQ, it's also a weekend to remember those who have fought as well as those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

Having said that, I just found out I'm on call for a week starting this Friday so I get to stay at home and wait for the phone to ring. :sad5: I figured I'd ask about all your plans so I can live vicariously through you all, lol.

Attachments

• 675A0037Trimmed.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 177
We are taking our camper out for the first time! Just going to a friend's property a few towns over. They have 3 acre lake, pavillon and a nice dirt mound to do some shooting!

We will also toast our Past, Present and Future service Men & Women!

I hope everybody has a safe weekend and remembers what Memorial Day is all about!

Attachments

• Truck and Camper (956x1280).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 166
we are going home for the week end. yes they my sound funny but we do not, even after being here for 19 years, think that detroit is our home. my wifes family is from Centreville MI

Staying home Joe, my a/c is down,16 days now, the reversing valve leak/went south.. So I am waiting on the new reversing valve to come in and let a tech repair it today or tomorrow :cheers:
BUT!! I will be enjoying my freedom and keep our fathers and grandfathers and the ladies that gave us our freedom.
I hope to fire up the grill and enjoy some time doing a few things to Victoria and you can bet I will keep my fabo family updated

:eek:ops: May your phone be quite :prayer: and you can possibly paint the fenders on your new tailor :glasses7:

memorialday.jpg

I will be representing the 36th Division!
After the ceremony, I'm doing front wheel bearings and brakes on my Dart...

Quiet weekend at home working on the house and yards (they really need some TLC). Got 1100 miles of racing to watch on Sunday!

We are taking our camper out for the first time! Just going to a friend's property a few towns over. They have 3 acre lake, pavillon and a nice dirt mound to do some shooting!

We will also toast our Past, Present and Future service Men & Women!

I hope everybody has a safe weekend and remembers what Memorial Day is all about!

Nice! I'd have liked to put a couple rounds through my Dad's (now mine) captured Japanese rifle.

we are going home for the week end. yes they my sound funny but we do not, even after being here for 19 years, think that detroit is our home. my wifes family is from Centreville MI

Always good to see family. :thumbup:

Staying home Joe, my a/c is down,16 days now, the reversing valve leak/went south.. So I am waiting on the new reversing valve to come in and let a tech repair it today or tomorrow :cheers:
BUT!! I will be enjoying my freedom and keep our fathers and grandfathers and the ladies that gave us our freedom.
I hope to fire up the grill and enjoy some time doing a few things to Victoria and you can bet I will keep my fabo family updated

Sorry to hear about the AC Mike, that sucks. I remember that picture of you in the pool, lol! Keep us updated...

:eek:ops: May your phone be quite :prayer: and you can possibly paint the fenders on your new tailor :glasses7:

Any project I get into, I need to be able to drop in 10 minutes, I think I can get those fenders done..

I'm thinking Musclepalooza at Lebanon Valley dragway. Sounds like a good way to spend a day. :)

Sounds horrible, lol. :D Congratz on the new job BTW.

memorialday.jpg

I will be representing the 36th Division!
After the ceremony, I'm doing front wheel bearings and brakes on my Dart...

Thank you for your service Sir! :thumbup: My Dad fought in the Pacific with the 2nd Marine Division during WWII. He's no longer with us, but he's still in my memories and probably guarding the Gates of Heaven.

Quiet weekend at home working on the house and yards (they really need some TLC). Got 1100 miles of racing to watch on Sunday!

Yep, good weekend for racing. You just reminded me I need to do yard work too.

Getting ready for the moving truck to come on Tuesday, take some time to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and hopefully watch some racing on Sunday. God bless to all who have served.

Stayin' home. Just this aft. got done yankin' the third member out of the nine inch. This was a used third member, turns out the spiders were AFU

Unfortunately, does not look like the clutch kit for the other Track-Lok differential will get here before weekend.

Attachments

• derail.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 129
  • _MG_6515.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 139
  • _MG_6516.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 136
  • _MG_6517.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 149
Great idea for a thread,Ramcharger..Veterans,past and current,Thank You! As for the weekend, working on the turd.

Attachments

• IMG_20130522_201156.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 146
Going to a old school junkyard on Saturday and I believe my daughter is in a parade on Monday. The rest of the time we have to declutter the house so that we can throw it on the market and move to a bigger better one!

It'll be a low budget weekend for us Joe. Just gonna play it by ear for now, although i'm sure a little race watching and a few cool one are definitely in the picture. I may just hide the "honey do" list for a few days.....lol. And as always, a big thank you to all the men and women that have served and are currently serving the best creation of a country on the planet...........

It'll be a low budget weekend for us Joe. Just gonna play it by ear for now, although i'm sure a little race watching and a few cool one are definitely in the picture. I may just hide the "honey do" list for a few days.....lol. And as always, a big thank you to all the men and women that have served and are currently serving the best creation of a country on the planet...........

And make sure you give Linda a hug for me and wish her a good Memorial Day.

My plans are to pick up where I left off a few years ago. Last year's Memorial Day family picnic was canceled with Sarah being in the hospital. (Yes, it's been a year now.) This year it's time for me to pick up the tradition again at my new place.

Family comin' over, a few good friends, pork butts on a twenty-four hour smoke at about two hundred degrees. Had an old apple tree that had gone neglected on the corner of the property. My dad and I got out and trimmed it up the other day. Got about five-to-six years of wood out of it for smoking pork.

This year will hold a tinge of sadness, since this will be the first one I've done without my baby helping me do it. But I also know, with the smile she had and the way she liked to laugh, that she'll be sitting beside me, comforting me and helping me enjoy the company of those I love the most.

I will Robert...

Glad to see you have nice plans for the weekend...

"Back in Schuyler County"? Did you move back toward the Glen?

I hope things are going well. We both wish you, and Dad & Mom a very nice weekend!

4th Street Cruise. I casn only attend the Show and Shine on Friday night. tmm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKI1wM3_Wg"]4th Street Cruise - YouTube[/ame]

I've volunteered my time Saturday to take some disabled vets fishing, as we do every year on Memorial day. We lease a bus and have them picked up at the VA hospital and take them to a friends place in Galveston. There is food and non-alcoholic beverages for everyone involved and prizes for all participants. It's my way of giving back to our American soldiers and sailors. We are all volunteers, some vets, some not and all the food, beverages and prizes are donated by the volunteers. I have never seen anyone NOT have a good time. Even the nurses and attendants that accompany them rave about how it builds their spirits, and how much they look forward to their day away from the hospital on Memorial day weekend.

I have a bunch of large medical bills to pay. God has blessed my with a side job that will bring enough money to pay them so my weekend will be fully filled.

stay home and mope and work on the car bcoz everyone ditched me again and left. so im going to cook a hungry girl dinner outside on the grille and enjoy the hot weekend....just me, myself and i.

i always put up an American flag and honor those who are real Heros and remember why this is the most free country on the planet.....at least the only one i know of that truely lets me be me without making me do stuff i dont want to.

-
Back