Michigan newbee . . . ole fart . . .

-
Hi Jeff . . . I used to cruise Telegraph in my first Dart, a 70 340 Swinger many moons ago when it as new. I'm originally from Dearborn and Garden City. Welcome!! Rog

Hi Jeff . . . I used to cruise Telegraph in my first Dart, a 70 340 Swinger many moons ago when it as new. I'm originally from Dearborn and Garden City. Welcome!! Rog

I remember the days of Telegraph and Joy area hanging out in the shopping center north of there.

yup yup im in taylor and im on telegraph crusing evrey chance I get seeing as i live 2 sec away from telegraph lol8)

Is there anything planned this summer for Mopar events? Deano's (a 1950's-60's style ice cream shop) does alot of car shows for local guys, maybe we could get a good group of mopar muscle to show.

I also found this for June 12, 2010. http://www.kmdodge.com/kandm/events.cfm

Found this also. http://www.carshownews.com/national/MI.htm

Anyways, if anyone is going to any in SW Michigan this summer, let us know.

Yeah, I remember that shopping center. Was it at Grand River? Used to cruise from Daly's Drive-In down below Michigan Ave. up past Grand River. Sometimes we would take 8 mile over to Woodward and cruise that if Telegraph was dead. Rog

Not sure on the street the shopping center was near. As I remember it was on the west side and just south of Detroit Diesel.

Wow!! Lots and lots of Michigan folks on here!! Maybe we should have a get together at one of the summer events this year. Has anyone ever been to Baker's of Milford car shows? Pretty good show with lots of vehicles, and the bar/restruant has some great food. They are held every Sunday, and I think it starts @ 2:00p.m? It's 30 miles for me, coming from Westland.

Hey don't forget the Mopars at the Red Barns at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. It is July 24. It's a grreat all mopar car show and swap meet. They also have a ton of other old cars to check out in all the barns. I've been going for the last few years and will one day have my '68 Barracuda all restored and in the show. And also don't forget the Mopar Nationals at Martin Dragway. I think that's the next weekend in July. Can't wait......

Hey don't forget the Mopars at the Red Barns at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. It is July 24. It's a grreat all mopar car show and swap meet. They also have a ton of other old cars to check out in all the barns. I've been going for the last few years and will one day have my '68 Barracuda all restored and in the show. And also don't forget the Mopar Nationals at Martin Dragway. I think that's the next weekend in July. Can't wait......
Yes, I've been to Gilmore . . . fantastic place. Went with couple of friends on our motorcycles couple of years back. Great ride and a great place. Tons of cars etc. Haven't been to Milan in years. Rog

I am a hooiser, but only by two miles! Hope to attend Gilmore this year. There is a swap/show all Mopar in Grovertown, IN (off hwy 30) May 1, 2010. Not sure on the size but I will be there!

Any of you guys know of any decent upholstery shops in Lansing / AnnArbor / Detroit area or someone who's good and does it in the home?

theres all american upholstery in romulus. jerry has a shop, but hes reasonable and a mopar guy.

Welcome, I'm from northern Mi. 15 miles s/w of the Mackinaw bridge. My 67 fastback should be on the road by this time next year, i hope. I was 63 in Apirl so we are about the same age. Stan

Welcome from howell,local boy also.You might have seen my raged out 64 440 running around the area.Building 71 demon 4link wtire bigblock car.
The local seen back in the day on telegraph was at corvettes,wich is now krogers.I was just a kid,but remember it like it was yesterday.My grandfather was a great 4 speeder in his time hung around some serius people back then.My favorite car he had was 69.5 sixpack bee racer brown ssh-25 cam mechanical sixpack 1600cfm low 12's on factory redlines in the early 70's.My dads 1970rr sixpack car black on black with black vinyl top setup the same except he pulled sixpack and installed an 865 holley.We all tried to get them two to race never did happen.
Welcome to the area,hope to see you around.If you need a hand I'm local shoot me a pm.

Welcome from howell,local boy also.You might have seen my raged out 64 440 running around the area.Building 71 demon 4link wtire bigblock car.
The local seen back in the day on telegraph was at corvettes,wich is now krogers.I was just a kid,but remember it like it was yesterday.My grandfather was a great 4 speeder in his time hung around some serius people back then.My favorite car he had was 69.5 sixpack bee racer brown ssh-25 cam mechanical sixpack 1600cfm low 12's on factory redlines in the early 70's.My dads 1970rr sixpack car black on black with black vinyl top setup the same except he pulled sixpack and installed an 865 holley.We all tried to get them two to race never did happen.
Welcome to the area,hope to see you around.If you need a hand I'm local shoot me a pm.
Thanks . . . I may take you up on that sometime. Welcome.

Welcome. I'm in Berkley. Hope to have mine going by the Dreamcruise in 2011.

Welcome Stepper. What car do you have? Good luck with your build, I too hope to have mine at least road ready for the cruise. Rog :cheers:

-
Back