Mike the Marine

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
So basically just wanted to write this about a very amazing person in my book. Others may not see it as the way I do, but we each have our own opinions. I just wanted to express my thanks to a very dedicated individual who stands for all OUR freedom here in the U.S. Dont make this a political thread as it really is not. It is more a thank you to a very brave, and skilled individual known merely as Mike the Marine. I will try to give some detail of this guy from what I recall from memory... some of the dates, time frames etc...might be a little off... but none the less.

Mike joined the marines after graduating high school.
He has never held a civilian job. His only job has been the military.
He has toured the world protecting and serving his country. He holds the US Flag as his devotion to his life.
Mike was the head Marine Tank batallion leader and trainer for years and years.
His personal tank was the first fire fight in Desert Storm (US's Billion dollar nuclear tank)
Mike served tours in Grenada, multiple tours in Desert Storm and in Iraq. He spent many hours... days... in a nuclear tank in the desert along with his teams subjecting himself to radiation levels that were deemed unsafe. He chose to be a testing horse for different remedies for Anthrax and other poisons. Basically he took the poisons to see if the cures worked. To some people Mike is scary. He isnt very social, and some people call him a brainwashed killing machine. I see him as a hero. There are others like him now, and many in the past wars.... but it takes someone special to be able to do... and see.. the things he has. Mike is in his late 40's now and was discharged honerably with many many honors, ribbons and medals. From what I understand he didnt want to move up to the higher ranks in the marines... he didnt like paperwork. Mike has now joined the Army and is currently one of the LEAD tank battalion trainers in the US. I am honored to know Mike. Its people like him that keep us safe. He does his duty which is a duty many of us wouldnt, or couldnt do. How cool is Mike..... he is awesome in my book. Let me tell you... his stories will scare the socks off ya. All validated, all true... Movies have nothing on this guy. Real life experience speaks more then the main screen. Hats off to Mike the Marine... we need more people like ya. (Mike is not on this site.... I just wanted people to know who he was and what he does for us.)

-RPM

Yes Scott, thanks for sharing and THANK YOU MIKE for serving so faithfully. Because of people like you, we have our freedoms and in many cases, our lives. God bless you.

-
Back