Missing parts mystery.

-

Nomad8324

Reaction score
I can cleaning up some of the grime the other day and noticed the wiper spray nozzle sticking up and noticed the hose going over to this.

410128421.jpg

No wiper reservoir! Before it started downpouring I tried to see if i could find wires for a pump or anything but didnt notice anything obvious.

Any way to tell if was wired or foot pump?

Then I have this hole below the vent window on the drivers door. side mirror control? I figure it was made to stick your hand out and move it that way but I don't know for sure.

410128532.jpg

Thanks!

See the attached pic, upper right corner on firewall, outlined in red. If you have a rubber grommet there, its for the hose with a manual foot pump.

Looks like the side mirror is an aftermarket. Perhaps there was a remote mirror at one time, hence the hold drilled in the door.

Attachments

• DSCN2977.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 282
If the wiper knob will push in a bit, you have an electric washer wiper switch. Methinks you should have a foot pump since I don't see the washer motor wire that comes out of the harness running along the top of the inner fender. Looks to me like a PO replaced a frozen/broken remote mirror with an aftermarket one.

The hole below the vent window is there to stick an allen wrench through to unscrew one of the bolts that holes the vent window in the door. You only use this hole when installing or removing the vent window.

treblig

FYI- the gallon milk jug, behind and below the battery is also a aftermarket replacement item.

See the attached pic, upper right corner on firewall, outlined in red. If you have a rubber grommet there, its for the hose with a manual foot pump.

Looks like the side mirror is an aftermarket. Perhaps there was a remote mirror at one time, hence the hold drilled in the door.

If the wiper knob will push in a bit, you have an electric washer wiper switch. Methinks you should have a foot pump since I don't see the washer motor wire that comes out of the harness running along the top of the inner fender. Looks to me like a PO replaced a frozen/broken remote mirror with an aftermarket one.

Thanks I'll have to check it probably is foot pump being a base model car. Where should this foot pump be? If that's missing I'll probably add the option for a wired pump.

Where would be the best place to find factory mirrors?

FYI- the gallon milk jug, behind and below the battery is also a aftermarket replacement item.

That was my attempt to contain some of the garbage the radiator was puking on the way home. For awhile it wouldn't make more then 15 miles between overheating and having to pull over and top of the radiator and let it cool off a bit. Eventually something broke loose and it started running normally.

Thinking about getting a D250 radiator or so and putting that in as a cheap upgrade. Stock one is leaking in several spots and several sections the fins are trashed and IMO it seems ridiculously small for a radiator these days. Probably gonna need to flush the block with evapo-rust or so to try and remove the garbage.

Is this the pump wire for the electric pump? Nothing else around it seems unplugged and it reaches about the hole where the tank/pump should be bolted down.

DSC00123_zps6c7a4f71.jpg

-
Back