Mission Impossible 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always advise the best bang for the buck is a magnum 360 with a chinese intake.
But think of the broke 15 year old kid we all once were. A die grinder or a dremel was the key to the horsepower kingdom.
Remember the excitement of scoring a cheap sure grip or 4 barrel intake at the scrap yard.

This hobby needs to be fun and accessible or it will die.
Hasn't Tony proven that a die grinder in the wrong hands actually hurts power? :rofl:

Thanks for showing how much you know.....IF and it is a big IF......any stock eliminator racer told you how much they spend on their "stock" parts it would make your eyes blow completely out the back of your skull.......LOL.......you guys, lol
The average guy inst building a stock eliminator. The entry level guy isn't building a race car . he wants a fun street car.
The real draw to building stuff like this is it builds skills. So a newbie rebuilds and gets the most he can out of a stock 318 today. Two years from now he's building bigger and better. Skills build from this. My first engine build was a worn out 5 hp briggs. Guess that was a waste of time.

Not me, nor many people that I know.
I am very good at some things. The fact I am allows me to have someone who is good at building an engine, build it for me.
Have never in my life had a single part used in a build( if starting from scratch) that I didn’t select personally. In other words, I have paid to have a pro screw together the parts i have hand selected with thought, experience, and smarts.
If that makes somebody an asshole, I guess I am.
After 50+ years now of hotrodding, I am extremely comfy in my own skin. Had cool stuff , and only driven over 1 motor going down the track. And I have made a couple of passes
You sound like the reason I rarely attend car shows. The inevitable…” I had a 69 Dart like yours that came factory with a 440 6 pack”…. They said they had this , said they done that…but have rarely done either
Finally someone else says it, lol, THANKS!!!!!

The average guy inst building a stock eliminator. The entry level guy isn't building a race car . he wants a fun street car.
The real draw to building stuff like this is it builds skills. So a newbie rebuilds and gets the most he can out of a stock 318 today. Two years from now he's building bigger and better. Skills build from this. My first engine build was a worn out 5 hp briggs. Guess that was a waste of time.
SINCE WE LIVE IN 2022 AND NOT 1978 EVEN A NEWBIE WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT FROM GOING THROUGH THE SAME ESSENTIAL MOTIONS TO SCREW TOGETHOR A 408 OR 416 THAT WILL GIVE HIM EASY 450 HP MINIMUM SO WHY WASTE THE TIME AND EFFORT TO HAVE A TURD 300 HP 318 THAT A HONDA ACCORD COULD SMOKE YOU LIGHT TO LIGHT?

Nowadays it's too easy to build power especially when you start talking power adders turbo nos etc... I like se seeing what stockish parts can do.
Had too much excitement in your life?

Yeah JEEPS, lol, let's not get started on those guys, LOL
The guys I call the "shiny jeep" crowd sucks. But I've wheeled a lot with a lot of cool guys who built awesome stuff without ever opening a catalog for anything that wasn't practical to build. (Shocks,springs)
I bet your a real hater of the prewar hot rod scene also.

Why are you amazed? What kind of cheeto eating drooler whom sits in their underwear watching Tony would get excited about this total waste of time? By the way I LOVE Cheetos, lol
Because everyone isn't you and since you think you have a window into everyone's house and everyone else's life why do you waste yours telling them their life is worthless. Surely you should be out conquering the world with your brilliance.

Why do you bother to post on this thread?

The guys I call the "shiny jeep" crowd sucks. But I've wheeled a lot with a lot of cool guys who built awesome stuff without ever opening a catalog for anything that wasn't practical to build. (Shocks,springs)
I bet your a real hater of the prewar hot rod scene also.
Nope I'm actually looking for a nice bodied 34-38 Plymouth or Dodge coupe as we speak and the smartest LOCAL guy I know was a jeeper that off roaded it and he has mad crazy skills in most areas too which makes me jealous.

Because everyone isn't you and since you think you have a window into everyone's house and everyone else's life why do you waste yours telling them their life is worthless. Surely you should be out conquering the world with your brilliance.
I already have.....moving onto a new venture

SINCE WE LIVE IN 2022 AND NOT 1978 EVEN A NEWBIE WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT FROM GOING THROUGH THE SAME ESSENTIAL MOTIONS TO SCREW TOGETHOR A 408 OR 416 THAT WILL GIVE HIM EASY 450 HP MINIMUM SO WHY WASTE THE TIME AND EFFORT TO HAVE A TURD 300 HP 318 THAT A HONDA ACCORD COULD SMOKE YOU LIGHT TO LIGHT?
There endless 340/360 408/416 builds out there for people to follow or just get a create or get a good builder to do one, but some like /6 273/318 builds do they make the most sense for power no but if it's not your thing that's fine but it is others why do you care ?

There endless 340/360 408/416 builds out there for people to follow or just get a create or get a good builder to do one, but some like /6 273/318 builds do they make the most sense for power no but if it's not your thing that's fine but it is others why do you care ?
Well for one big reason Tony is gloating about how much power they think they can make, lol, so ummmm yeah, LOL

Had too much excitement in your life?

No I just don't find high dollar builds as interesting, not against them, I'd rather see someone build a 300 hp /6 then a 750 hp 543 no saying I wouldn't go with the 543 depends on the point of the car.

Well for one big reason Tony is gloating about how much power they think they can make, lol, so ummmm yeah, LOL
I don't think they will reach their goal especially if the cam is 100% stock. Even if they get 50-75% of the way there I'd say it's an success, they don't think they will forsure it's just a goal.

I don't think they will reach their goal especially if the cam is 100% stock. Even if they get 50-75% of the way there I'd say it's an success, they don't think they will forsure it's just a goal.
Cam isn't going to be stock in the sense you might be thinking....they are taking a stock cam and having it reground to their specs

Odd....I have all along been looking at it like I was educating those in need.....Hmmmmm
Narcissists usually think they are because they make the assumption they know more than others.

If you bothered to read the title it didn't include a question about whether a stroker was a better option. It was stated as a goal to achieve and nowhere did it state or allude to other options. I'm sure David Vizard, Uncle Tony and Andy Wood don't need any help from you not that I think you could provide any.

Cam isn't going to be stock in the sense you might be thinking....they are taking a stock cam and having it reground to their specs
The way Tony said it sounded like the cam specs would be stock, regrind would make more sense
and way more likely do able goal.

I don't think they will reach their goal especially if the cam is 100% stock.
It will be reground with a smaller base circle to increase lift and duration as eluded to in the other vid.

If they are going to have a stock cam reground...to be a million percent honest, that's no longer a stock engine and the whole premise is absolutely bullshit.

Sorry but if you're out there regrinding a stock 318 cam and thinking it's still stock... you're a couple short of a six pack.

It will be reground with a smaller base circle to increase lift and duration as eluded to in the other vid.
(Not directed to you but to UTG/DV/and the fat boy) That's ridiculous.

Anyone could just spec a custom solid lift cam with long duration and rev it out and get 318 hp.

ALL. CREDIBILITY. LOST.

Now after watching both videos, changing the dynamic of stock parts by porting and regrinding the cam, this build is attainable. I thought they were just using stock eliminator tricks. The support from the other two guy will go a long way to help.

Now after watching both videos, changing the dynamic of stock parts by porting and regrinding the cam, this build is attainable. I thought they were just using stock eliminator tricks.
With enough porting and cam regrinding they could probably get to 450-500 HP. (250cfm ish heads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back