Mo' Parts Mo' Problems....Counting Cars.....

-
I agree its reality and just for entertainment but some people watch that stuff and probably thinks its real and feel justified to think theyre stuff is worth gold.

This guy must be watching:

yL1Qgbp.jpg

Did anyone notice the wheels on the coronet? First part of show they were large bolt pattern at end small bolt pattern.

I finally watched the episode. $75,000.00 to work on the Roadrunner!! - Another $50,000.00 to work on the Coronet!! At least they threw in a couple of free jackets. LOL.

The type of work they had to do wasn't near as involved as many of the restorations by members of FABO.
I wasn't impressed. The owners will be lucky to get half of their money back if and when they sell those cars.

I have to keep telling myself, "It's only a make believe TV show, it's only a make believe TV show, it's only a make believe TV show". Either that or there are a lot of real morons in the world that have way too much $$.

some days in glade I don't GET all the satellite channels!

some days I wish one of these "overly wealthy" idiots will find me, adopt me as their "grandpaw", or illigitimate son, grandson, brother, whatever.... and put me on a say, $200/week allowance!???? ( O K $50/week would be cool!) wow! I could finish some cars!! ??? LOL

Counting Cars is as real as Street Outlaws. It's entertainment, and that's all it is. I like to watch it anyway.

i usually pretty much take tv for what its worth ( entertainment) i love all the shows to watch and never really considered them working on any of my stuff. Then at one time i thought "ok if i had to take my car to any of the tv shows who would it be"

i said i would prob take it to these people because it seemed like the lesser of the evils. But the more you watch these guys i believe i did more to my car than any of the stuff they have done on the show and a whole hell of a lot less lol

so yup while not perfect ill stick to me working on my car as im the only one who has to like it and stick to the entertainment part of the tv shows

I'm glad I ditched cable tv. Now all I have to do to keep up with the episodes is get on fabo and read the threads about it.

The problem isn't whether the shows are fake or not, it's the fact that they hike up the prices of the hobby.

Remember when Texas Car Wars broke that Gen 1 Barrauda rear window and claimed they had to pay $2000 for another one?

Barracuda rear windows popped up all over craigslist for $1-2000 when they were $100 before. Now they've settled at closer to $200. So basically the show doubled the price of the damn things.

The problem isn't whether the shows are fake or not, it's the fact that they hike up the prices of the hobby.

Remember when Texas Car Wars broke that Gen 1 Barrauda rear window and claimed they had to pay $2000 for another one?

Barracuda rear windows popped up all over craigslist for $1-2000 when they were $100 before. Now they've settled at closer to $200. So basically the show doubled the price of the damn things.

If you watch that episode the car they are working on the entire time is not the car they sell. They talk about finding a rare v8 car and you can clearly see the car they show is a /6

Almost every time I watch one of these shows, I sprint out the back door....down the steps and across the driveway to my garage. Then I burst thru the door at the garage, running towards my tool box with open arms. After hugging the tool box for a few minutes, and then walking around and talking to my cars like the crazy old crew chief in Days of Thunder...I'm over it and go back to the house to watch Troy Landry kickin some alligator ***! Now THAT dude is real! :prayer:

I like "Counting Cars" is *** Monkey Garage, I can't stand........
At least Rawlings admits he is in the game to make money, wheel and deal. Its still entertainment. They come across as real car guys who are just having a good time. Fast and Loud is the best of the bunch.

Wasn't that the crooks DVAP from desert car queens or something like that. I've seen ads for 1st gen cudas mentioning how nice the rear window was. I guess implying that the 2k they wanted for a $500 car was justified considering the back window was in nice shape. LOL

I just BARFED after seeing the Counting cars show, The Runner is messed up and the Coronet is as well but does look better than the RR!
The "Count" is a blood sucker...Ya I know its a TV drama show and it has to be "juiced up" to make a show. The guy chats up a Corvette owner who owns the car for 30+ years. This owner is on the verge of tears selling his car and The count sweet talks the guy about how much he is gonna love the car and care for it. Meanwhile he has total plans to flip the thing! What a blood sucker! If those to Geeks came to my door looking like they do, scoping out my rides they would both have boot prints on their asses! Most people wouldn't answer the door when they see these guys on the other side. Hell, I would be worried the cars would be missing from my driveway the next day after they chatted me up and had a look around..lol

I have personal knowledge of a reality TV show where a friend of mine was handed a roll of cash off camera and asked to drive in on camera and pretend to purchase a car. At first I was shocked but then the light bulb kicked on. It's just not practical to have a production crew sitting around waiting for days or weeks or months for a buyer to come along and purchase a car. Not only that, but the short time spent by the buyer inspecting the cars and negotiating is never believable. Buyer and seller often start out miles apart and in seconds they agree on a price. Obviously staged.

As for ruining the hobby, I don't think so. Most restored classic cars sell for less than the cost to restore them. Anything that pushes up their value helps to get more of them saved from the crusher. When you can make more money parting out a car than restoring it something is wrong.

We all own classic Mopars. We should be happy about anything that causes their value to increase.

Wasn't that the crooks DVAP from desert car queens or something like that. I've seen ads for 1st gen cudas mentioning how nice the rear window was. I guess implying that the 2k they wanted for a $500 car was justified considering the back window was in nice shape. LOL

Yup...correct...Desert Car Kings...Tried to buy some parts there...bunch of jerks.

Building a his and hers 1970 b-bodies.....a 70 Coronet 500 and a 70 Road Runner...both ragtops! But they are looking for a gauge cluster and pay $2000 for a 70 b-body rallye dash cluster!?!?!? WTF!!! From a junkyard no less....I like the show but if this crap continues it's only gonna hurt us real "MoPar" guys.....they did have some cool Hurst Chryslers on the same episode, I like the attention Mopar is getting on tv but not sure it's helping the hobby any :banghead:

So Tom (from Pittsburgh) moves to Las Vegas with his beloved 300 and his clone 300 convertible. As he is driving his 300 down the road the Count stops him. Ask him to park the car in his driveway and scripts the entire deal. No, his wife does not look like Linda Vaughn!

well I missed the original viewing, just caught the last 20 min re-run on Sunday morning, and i gotta say I actually liked the look, I know the tail stripe wasn't factory but so what!, the little touch with the bat wings on the bee and roadrunner were cool, no this isn't real life, of course it's tv, but the cars are real, I went to Kounts Kustoms this past October, everything is pretty much the way you see it, cool shop, cool cars, I don't believe the prices on the show will jack the real life prices any more than they already are, I have been doing Mopar stuff for 35 years now and Mopar stuff has always been more than Chevy and Ford stuff, there prices have gone up to, so it's all relative, at least we are seeing Mopars on TV, I pvr'd every hour of BJ this winter then I watched it and fast forward through 3/4 of it because that is how many Chevy/Fords were on it if I seen one more p.o.s Chevelle or Corvette I though I was going to puke!!, as long as these show's keep putting on Mopar's I personally will keep watching!, there's my 2 cents, lol

For the most part all those reality shows are a heaping bunch of hot crap scripted just the right way to get attention. They get the true car/bike guy ticked off and they get amatuers to believe over inflated prices are a reality. Sometimes I watch but know it's not real because it's entertaining. No drama no viewers, it does help pass a rainy day. Hopefully it will give the real diehard to turn off the TV and go turn some wrenches.

-
Back