MOOG Bushings #7103

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are all Moog bushings now made offshore? Just wondering about quality and control issues. Thanks for any input

Everything I’ve seen from Moog for these cars is made overseas and has been for some time.

Amazon currently lists the origin for the K7103’s as China, which is probably the best case scenario. Some of their stuff had moved production to India, and those bushings have had lots of QC issues. I believe that’s where the LCA bushings that didn’t even fit the pivot pins were coming from.

I have not seen any specific issues/complaints with the K7103’s, although they may be the only thing Moog makes I haven’t seen a complaint about.

FYI

If you’d like to install them for increased positive caster follow this diagram. Not the diagram in the box.

moog-k7103-bushings-jpg.jpg

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachments/moog-k7103-bushings-jpg.209427/

Yes. Unless you find something NOS that's been on the shelf a while or somewhere like ebay. It's disgusting.

Everything I’ve seen from Moog for these cars is made overseas and has been for some time.

Amazon currently lists the origin for the K7103’s as China, which is probably the best case scenario. Some of their stuff had moved production to India, and those bushings have had lots of QC issues. I believe that’s where the LCA bushings that didn’t even fit the pivot pins were coming from.

I have not seen any specific issues/complaints with the K7103’s, although they may be the only thing Moog makes I haven’t seen a complaint about.
It's not just Moog that has the pivot pin problem. I've got some ACDelco that Rock Auto wouldn't warranty with the same problem. I don't know how many actual manufacturers there are anymore compared to brand names.

I went through an issue with a Comp Cams kit (yeah, I know about the current problems). Lifters were LOOSE in the block (440). So, I measured the diameter and figured out they were Ford lifters. Called summit and they sent a second set of Comp Mopar lifters. Yup. Ford lifters again. I asked if they would swap to another similarly priced brand lifter. They agreed and sent me Crane lifters. No question in my mind that they came out of the SAME plant. The box was an identical size with identical size labels and fonts and layout. But, the Crane's were Mopar lifters. One of these days we'll get that motor fired up.

I just feel like they run a bunch of part "X" for brand "Y" and then change the label set and run them for brand "Z". And, that for a lot of what we buy, not just car parts.

The last set of Moog bushings I saw didn't even have enough rubber injected between the two sleeves to fill up the gap...and it was short by a LOT.

It's not just Moog that has the pivot pin problem. I've got some ACDelco that Rock Auto wouldn't warranty with the same problem. I don't know how many actual manufacturers there are anymore compared to brand names.

I went through an issue with a Comp Cams kit (yeah, I know about the current problems). Lifters were LOOSE in the block (440). So, I measured the diameter and figured out they were Ford lifters. Called summit and they sent a second set of Comp Mopar lifters. Yup. Ford lifters again. I asked if they would swap to another similarly priced brand lifter. They agreed and sent me Crane lifters. No question in my mind that they came out of the SAME plant. The box was an identical size with identical size labels and fonts and layout. But, the Crane's were Mopar lifters. One of these days we'll get that motor fired up.

I just feel like they run a bunch of part "X" for brand "Y" and then change the label set and run them for brand "Z". And, that for a lot of what we buy, not just car parts.

Yup, exactly so.

Right after I first bought my Challenger I had to buy a floor jack and stands. I'd just bought my first house, so my budget was a little tight. I went to Sears and bought a floor jack that came in a set with a couple of jack stands. A couple months later I was at Harbor Freight, needed something quick and Sears didn't have it in stock. On my way to the other thing I needed, I saw a floor jack and set of jack stands. Identical to the ones I had bought at Sears, except they were orange, didn't have a Craftsman sticker, and cost half as much. Literally the exact same stuff as the Craftsman ones I had bought except for the name and color of the powder coating. With the pricing the way it was I could have bought a much nicer set of stands and jack at HF instead of the basic homeowner level stuff I had bought at Sears. I stopped having heartburn about buying stuff at HarborFreight after that. At least with HarborFreight there's no illusions about where it comes from, not like buying from an "American" company that's outsourced all their production and laid off the vast majority of their American employees to make their CEO and shareholders rich. F' em.

Same deal with Moog, and all the re-boxed Moog stuff. I've got no problem buying from Proforged, their stuff is made overseas too but the quality of the actual parts is better and it's actually not the same production line as all the re-boxed "American" named stuff that's made by Moog overseas. So yeah, I buy the stuff that actually fits and works, not the stuff that has an old "name" they're now trading on by making garbage.

I got Blessed in '20 and found a set of the hi-den Moog strut rod bushings... took 2 months to get to me!

Lol! All my orders for the K7068's were cancelled - Summit, Amazon, and Jegs. I have a set of the equivalent TRW's on order at Summit, but they've been pushing the delivery date out for months now. :rofl:

Yup, exactly so.

Right after I first bought my Challenger I had to buy a floor jack and stands. I'd just bought my first house, so my budget was a little tight. I went to Sears and bought a floor jack that came in a set with a couple of jack stands. A couple months later I was at Harbor Freight, needed something quick and Sears didn't have it in stock. On my way to the other thing I needed, I saw a floor jack and set of jack stands. Identical to the ones I had bought at Sears, except they were orange, didn't have a Craftsman sticker, and cost half as much. Literally the exact same stuff as the Craftsman ones I had bought except for the name and color of the powder coating. With the pricing the way it was I could have bought a much nicer set of stands and jack at HF instead of the basic homeowner level stuff I had bought at Sears. I stopped having heartburn about buying stuff at HarborFreight after that. At least with HarborFreight there's no illusions about where it comes from, not like buying from an "American" company that's outsourced all their production and laid off the vast majority of their American employees to make their CEO and shareholders rich. F' em.

Same deal with Moog, and all the re-boxed Moog stuff. I've got no problem buying from Proforged, their stuff is made overseas too but the quality of the actual parts is better and it's actually not the same production line as all the re-boxed "American" named stuff that's made by Moog overseas. So yeah, I buy the stuff that actually fits and works, not the stuff that has an old "name" they're now trading on by making garbage.

Lol! All my orders for the K7068's were cancelled - Summit, Amazon, and Jegs. I have a set of the equivalent TRW's on order at Summit, but they've been pushing the delivery date out for months now. :rofl:
I think you're the one that recommended the Pro Forged lower control arm bushings and pins.. and someone else turn me on CrackedBacks alignment method... when I fired up the 340 and droves and dust away from my old house I was doing about 45 mph and took my hands off the steering wheel and shoved both of them out the window to show the old lady our home alignment work... car tracked straight as an arrow.. Much Thanks to the Many Members that helped me!

I bought a set of Moog K7103s to have on my shelf for when I needed them. Received them from RockAuto and, like a dummy, didn't check the boxes. Went to use 'em right after the first of the year and one box had no washers. I had 'em too long for Rock Auto to warranty. Quality control sucks these days. (Of course I should have felt the weight difference right away but I didn't)

I bought a set of Moog K7103s to have on my shelf for when I needed them. Received them from RockAuto and, like a dummy, didn't check the boxes. Went to use 'em right after the first of the year and one box had no washers. I had 'em too long for Rock Auto to warranty. Quality control sucks these days. (Of course I should have felt the weight difference right away but I didn't)

That experience and the one I had is why I will never buy from Rock Auto again. Even ACDelco (the brand I had trouble with) has a lifetime warranty, but they wouldn't honor it because Rock was the seller. There is no discount worth that kind of customer service.

XRF Chassis parts out of Canada supposedly produces alot of the MOOG line, even using the MOOG part numbers. I think they have dealers in the US. I haven't used any of their stuff yet, but will next time I need something. the prices seem on parr with anything else.

I sourced & installed a couple sets of these last month, they fit tight, the offset was the same as usual... The car I installed them in was able to achieve 5.5 degrees of caster... All the washers were present....

I was amazed when my alignment guy got 5 degrees on the left, 5.5 on the right with my car using these bushings.

IMG_9307.JPG

I ordered my Moog7103 from Amazon.ca in Canada today this is what I received, the box says Made in USA .they look very good so far.

my moog bushings.jpg

my moog bushings 2.jpg

bushings.jpg

bushings2.jpg

-
Back